    involve it into my page with one difference. I want to replace the
    rotating Text boxes with Photos or Flash Documents. Does anyone know
    what changes I have to do at the existing Javascript? Regards

    adicss, Jun 1, 2006

  2. adicss

    RobG Guest

    adicss wrote:
    > Hello! I am new in Javascript programming so I don't have any
    > experience in writing or understanding scripts. I have found a 3D Spin
    > Menu at the web page
    > http://javascriptkit.com/script/script2/spinmenu.shtml and i want to
    > involve it into my page with one difference. I want to replace the
    > rotating Text boxes with Photos or Flash Documents. Does anyone know
    > what changes I have to do at the existing Javascript? Regards

    Replace the bit that starts:

    document.write("<div id='spinmenu"+this.a3...

    so that it writes the kinds of elements that you want. You may need an
    additional parameter to pass to the eye.spinmenuitem() method so that it
    knows whether to write a div, image, flash object, whatever.

    A better method would be to have a function menu in the page using HTML,
    then use script to turn it into the 'spinning' menu.

    Have fun. The code is obfuscated, probably to make it smaller but
    possibly to make modifying it harder. If you have any issues, contact
    the author. But don't expect miracles, his idea of 'degrades well' is
    that the menu doesn't appear at all if JavaScript is not available.
    There is zero feature detection, so it probably doesn't degrade
    gracefully at all if required features are not supported.

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Jun 1, 2006