3D Spin Menue

adicss

Hello! I am new in Javascript programming so I don't have any
experience in writing or understanding scripts. I have found a 3D Spin
Menu at the web page
http://javascriptkit.com/script/script2/spinmenu.shtml and i want to
involve it into my page with one difference. I want to replace the
rotating Text boxes with Photos or Flash Documents. Does anyone know
what changes I have to do at the existing Javascript? Regards

RobG

adicss said:
Hello! I am new in Javascript programming so I don't have any
experience in writing or understanding scripts. I have found a 3D Spin
Menu at the web page
http://javascriptkit.com/script/script2/spinmenu.shtml and i want to
involve it into my page with one difference. I want to replace the
rotating Text boxes with Photos or Flash Documents. Does anyone know
what changes I have to do at the existing Javascript? Regards

Replace the bit that starts:

document.write("<div id='spinmenu"+this.a3...

so that it writes the kinds of elements that you want. You may need an
additional parameter to pass to the eye.spinmenuitem() method so that it
knows whether to write a div, image, flash object, whatever.

A better method would be to have a function menu in the page using HTML,
then use script to turn it into the 'spinning' menu.

Have fun. The code is obfuscated, probably to make it smaller but
possibly to make modifying it harder. If you have any issues, contact
the author. But don't expect miracles, his idea of 'degrades well' is
that the menu doesn't appear at all if JavaScript is not available.
There is zero feature detection, so it probably doesn't degrade
gracefully at all if required features are not supported.