    a point from that geometry into "world" geometry, or in other words
    absolute coordinates. Input data is a 3d path with banking data that will
    be sampled at regular points for purposes of building other geometry.

    Tyler Eaves, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Tyler Eaves wrote:

    >Got a 3d algorithmns question. Algorithmn will be implemented in python,
    >so a library would be great if it works on windows. Basically my function
    >would be defined as such.
    >
    >Problem is one of coordinate transformation. Give a 3d vector, which
    >reprents the +z axis in the source coordinate system, and a rotation value
    >around that axis for determinging the x and y axises, I wish to translate
    >a point from that geometry into "world" geometry, or in other words
    >absolute coordinates. Input data is a 3d path with banking data that will
    >be sampled at regular points for purposes of building other geometry.

    You can find code for doing this in the OpenGLContext project. The
    lowest-level code is in the vrml.vrml97.transformmatrix module, which
    just generates matrices for the various transformations, rotations and
    scales. You can find the module here:

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pyopengl/vrml/vrml97/transformmatrix.py?view=markup

    the module also allows for generating inverse arrays (what you use for
    transforming from outer coordinates to inner, instead of inner to
    outer), and has an accelerator C module for much of the functionality.

    The higher levels in OpenGLContext support compositing multiple
    transformations in a containment hierarchy for a scenegraph. See e.g.
    OpenGLContext/scenegraph/transform and OpenGLContext/scenegraph/nodepath
    module for that higher-level stuff.

    Anyway, hope this helps,
    Mike

    Mike C. Fletcher