401.3 error redirecting

tony

I've been searching through the threads to find a solution for 401.3 error
triggered by windows authentication not being able to redirect to a custom
error page to no avail. It seems that ASP.NET does not redirect 401 errors
yet changing the Custom Errors redirect in IIS does not help either. Has
anyone found a solution to this problem? Seems like it should be a commonly
encountered problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Tony,

You cannot do this. The 401.3 is handled prior to ASP.NET's ISAPI filter
having the opportunity to do anything with it.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

tony

Thanks for the response, I understand that ASP.NET will not be able to
handle this error, is there another way to redirect a 401.3 error to a
custom error page? I tried redirect in IIS under the custom error tag for
the webpage, but that didn't work, it still shows the ASP.NET generated
401.3 error page.

From: "tony" <test>
Subject: 401.3 error redirecting
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:43:42 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

I've been searching through the threads to find a solution for 401.3 error
triggered by windows authentication not being able to redirect to a custom
error page to no avail. It seems that ASP.NET does not redirect 401 errors
yet changing the Custom Errors redirect in IIS does not help either. Has
anyone found a solution to this problem? Seems like it should be a commonly
encountered problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Tony,

It sounds like you are trying to find a way to do this within IIS since
ASP.NET cannot do it. If that's the case, you may want to post this
question in an IIS newsgroup.