401 Error "UnAuthorized" -- need Help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Rahul, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    This Question has been asked by many.
    But i still didn;t get the clue how to solve.

    I have a machine A in which my web service resides.
    I have another Machine B which on Which Sharepoint Web Service resides,

    Machine A web Service makes use of SharePoint Web Service sitting on
    Machine B.

    I have tried mostly all the credentials , NetwordkCredential,
    DefaultCredential and it just doesn't work.

    I even tried creating a new Credential Object and made use of
    NetworkCredential object by givinf Account Name ,Domain and Password
    and using it with Basic Authentication type , but it doesn't work.

    Any Ideas how can i get away with this error.

    Thanks

    Rahul, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Rahul

    Dale Guest

    I don't know if these are your problems or not but here are my suggestions to
    check:

    If you use:
    System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials
    make sure your web site is configured for Windows authentication.

    If you use Anonymous access, make sure that your IUSR_ComputerName account -
    or whichever account you use for anonymous access - has appropriate
    permissions on the webservice file system folders.

    Dale
    --
    Dale Preston
    MCAD C#