401 generic error handler

ca

Can anyone please help me directing me how to do this.

I am trying to write a generic 401 error handler written in .net 1.1 which
will fire when a user gets denied access to a .net application. This error
handler page would detect the page/virtual application where the error
occurred, check the web.config file for the groups allowed for access (the
roles list). It would then display a page to the user stating that only
those groups/rules are allowed to access that page or application. Can anyone
please help me how to do this. I have no idea how to do this or where to
start from. I have done this for one application. I have seen an example to
fire for one application. Here is the url.
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/Custon401Page.asp. But i want to do write a
generic one so it will read all the applications setup on the site. Please
help me. I need this immediately. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.