    there any other way I can give someother user name

    Thanks In Advance,
    Jayakumar.

    Jayakumar, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Jayakumar

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 8 Oct 2004 18:44:37 -0700, (Jayakumar) wrote:

    >I am trying to convert a word document to pdf file from java for
    >this, I am using a asp file to convert doc file to pdf. I got it
    >working when I put the url which has file name as the query string in
    >the browser but when I call that asp file through the java application
    >I am getting 401 unauthorized xxx exception.
    >I am using weblogic 7 as the app server and IIS as the web server and
    >Adobe acrobat 6 which has pdf distiller in it. The problem is when the
    >asp file tries to create the
    >Server.createObject(pdfdistiller.pdfdistiller.1), since it is a third
    >party component, the machine doesnt allow me to create the object, I
    >guess I am not sure, but I got it working when I put the virtual
    >folder security anonymous user as domain admin but if i give any other
    >user name it is giving the exception 401 unauthorized exception. Is
    >there any other way I can give someother user name

    The anonymous user needs permission to the object and the location it
    is creating the file.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Hi Jeff Thank You for your reply

    "The anonymous user needs permission to the object and the location it
    is creating the file."

    I did gave the permission as domain admin user it is working but that
    may be a security risk , so i dont want to give that permission , I just
    want to give ordinary user permission or at the maximum local
    administrator permission and also If you can tell me how to set the
    permission it will be very great.

    Jayakumar Selvaraju, Oct 11, 2004