403.1 Error

Shawn

We just upgraded our server from Windows 2000 to Windows
2003 Server, and when I try to execute an ASP request, I
get the message below. I ensure that ASP was an allowed
file type, but still gives me the message. Any clues will
be greatly appreciated.

-----error start------------------------------------
HTTP Error 403
403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden

This error can be caused if you try to execute a CGI,
ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that
does not allow programs to be executed.

Please contact the Web server's administrator if the
problem persists.
-----error end --------------------------------------

Steven Burn

Make sure the folder containing the files you are trying to execute, have
the correct permissions.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Shawn

I just verified that the Internet Guest Account has read
access. Any other suggestions, and thanks for this one.

Mark Schupp

Check the permissions in IIS to make sure that script execution is allowed
for the directory.