403 access forbidden

RickN

Tried to create first asp.net app in vs and got //localhost/webapp1 HTTP
/1.1 403 access forbidden.

What setting needs to be changed to get past this?
Thanks,
RickN

Mark Fitzpatrick

Make sure that the IUSR account and ASPNet user account have privaleges to
read and execute on the inetpub\wwwroot directory

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

RickN

In the IIS configuration, it allows for
1-script source access
2-read
3-write
4-directory browsing

then on execute permissions it allows
a-script only
b-script and execute
c-none

What are the typical settings for a web site?
Thanks,
RickN

Chuck

I have the same problem, I think. I have tried setting all the wwwroot
folder permissions for ASPNET and iUSR to allow everything, but I still get
this error when trying to start a new ASP Web Application in VS. If I point
to an existing web (created manually with MMC or with Frontpage), then it
appears that everything works fine.

Is VS supposed to be able to create the web, or do we have to create it
before creating a new project?

I'm on Win2K, VS2003, IIS5.0.

Thanks in advance,
Chuck