    error on all .aspx files. Even I re-compile and build the whole project in
    Windows Server 2003, it couldn't help.

    any ideas??
    Matthew Louden, Nov 7, 2003

  2. "Matthew Louden" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > My ASP.NET application is working fine when I run under IIS Personal Web
    > Server in Windows 2000 machine. However, after I upload all the files to

    the
    > Windows Server 2003 machine, and tried to run the application, it has 404
    > error on all .aspx files. Even I re-compile and build the whole project in
    > Windows Server 2003, it couldn't help.
    >
    > any ideas??

    Re-check the web site's home directory, or if it is a virtual directory,
    that it has been created.

    Richard K Bethell, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Matthew Louden

    Keith Guest

    By Default, Windows Server 2003 is totally locked down.
    With a default installation og Windows Server 2003 with
    IIS added, you will only be able to serve static pages.
    You need to allow the ASP.NET application to run.

    Make sure you have turned on ASP.NET for your websites.

    This setting is found under IIS Manager -> Web Service
    Extensions. When you click on that folder, you will see
    a list of applications to the right.

    Select the ASP.NET one and then click Allow.

    If you plan to run Asp pages on that server you will also
    want to do the same thing for ASP.

    Good Luck,

    Keith

    Keith, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Keith:

    I just went to IIS Manager -> Web Service Extensions. I clicked on that
    folder, you I couldn't see ASP.NET application on the right.

    I then tried to add ASPX extension in a button, but I don't know the path.

    Any ideas??

    Matthew Louden, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Matthew Louden

    Guest Guest

    Here is what you should have by default...

    All Unknown CGI Extensions
    All Unknown ISAPI Extensions
    Active Server pages
    ASP.NET v1.1.4322
    Front Page Server Extensions 2002
    Internet Data Connector
    Server Side Includes
    WebDAV

    If you are missing the ASP.NET v1.1.4322 you may need to

    I probably should have asked what version of 2003 that
    you are using also. This applies to Standard and
    Enterprise edition. I haven't installed Web edition, so
    I am not real sure how it works. Any way you look at it,
    You should have all of these for IIS. If you don't, you
    will need to manage that aspect of the server. It sounds
    like ASP.NET was not installed on your server at all.
    Once that gets installed you can allow ASP.NET pages.

    Keith

    Guest, Nov 8, 2003