404 errors for ASPX PAGES

Justin

Hi,
I have a very strange problem with running asp.net pages on my server..
I keep getting a 404 error page while trying to call an aspx page,
however if I rename the same page to .asp it works fine..

What could be wrong.

The server has the framework 2.0 running and .aspx extensions are mapped
in IIS..

Did anybody else face such a problem before?

If so please do let me know how to get my pages aspx running

Thanks in advance
Justin

Swanand Mokashi

Is this for Windows 2003? If so, make sure that in "Webservice extensions"
(you can see this in the IIS admin tool) ASP.NET is seen and also that has a
status of "Allowed".

--
Swanand Mokashi
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (.NET) - Early Achiever

http://www.dotnetgenerics.com/
DotNetGenerics.com -- anything and everything about Microsoft .NET
technology ...

http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
http://www.swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/
Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services

Guest

Justin, did you get this working? I'm having the same exact problem, getting
404 substatus 3 (illegal mime type or something) on .aspx files. .Net
Framework reinstall and running; extensions mapped and active in IIS Web
Service Extensions. I can't imagine I'd have to actually put in a mime type
here. FWIW it's an installation of Business Objects XI (formerly Crystal
Enterprise).

Ken Trock
Verizon Wireless