    that ASP.NET is correctly installed" (it is and wp_aspnet.exe is running as I
    speak) or that "ATL Server is correctly installed" (not sure how to test
    that).
    EmmanuelE, Sep 15, 2005

  2. EmmanuelE

    Patrice Guest

    This is usually "file not found". Check the web serfer for the log to see th
    file he hits and if it's really where you expect...
    --

    "EmmanuelE" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Just installed VS2003 and tried a hello world app. Getting 404 error even
    > when I explictly specify the start page in the url.
    >
    > In IIS Mgr, App has .aspx mapped to
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll.
    >
    > Interestingly, an app that I installed BEFORE installing VS2003 works. I
    > compared its properties to new apps generated by VS2003 and only

    difference I
    > see is that the new apps have the "Local Path" box in the Directory tab
    > greyed out. The old app has an absolute pathname
    > (c:\inetput\wwwroot\InstantForum41).
    >
    > Important info. I HAD VS2005 Beta2 installed. I uninstalled it before
    > installing VS2003. Wonder if I broke something.
    >
    > Also, another symptom is that debugger won't start. Says I need to

    "verify

    Patrice, Sep 15, 2005

  3. EmmanuelE

    EmmanuelE Guest

    The file that it hits IS the one I expect. And the file DOES exist. Here is
    a section out of the log. NOte that I'm running IIS 5.1:

    19:42:27 127.0.0.1 GET /UP1/WebForm1.aspx 404

    I'm baffled!

    EmmanuelE, Sep 15, 2005
  4. EmmanuelE wrote:
    > Just installed VS2003 and tried a hello world app. Getting 404 error
    > even when I explictly specify the start page in the url.
    >
    > In IIS Mgr, App has .aspx mapped to

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 15, 2005
  5. EmmanuelE

    EmmanuelE Guest

    Thanks Bob. Now if I could only figure out this MSDN web interface to
    newsgroups! :) (don't answer that).

    EmmanuelE

    EmmanuelE, Sep 15, 2005
  6. EmmanuelE

    Patrice Guest

    And the web application root is where you expect ?

    --

    > The file that it hits IS the one I expect. And the file DOES exist. Here

    is
    > a section out of the log. NOte that I'm running IIS 5.1:
    >
    > 19:42:27 127.0.0.1 GET /UP1/WebForm1.aspx 404
    >
    > I'm baffled!
    >
    > "Patrice" wrote:
    >
    > > This is usually "file not found". Check the web serfer for the log to

    see th
    > > file he hits and if it's really where you expect...
    > > --

    message de

    Patrice, Sep 16, 2005