48 hours trying to make this work! Please Help!

Guest

Hi,
I just cannot get this to work. I want to make a cell editable in a datagrid
only if the value of another cell is something specific.

I am able to capture the value of the other cell via the ItemDataBound event
of the datagrid e.g.
If e.Item.Cells(8).Text = "2" Then
'Make the textbox defined in my edititemtemplate read only of invisible
End If

But now I just dont know how to prevent the user modifying the value of the
cell, it would be great if the edititemtemplate textbox just stayed invisible
whenever the user tries to edit the row where the value of the other cell is
e.g. 2.

Help really appreciated.
But

Guest

"NH" ने लिखा:
[...]

''Whenever you find the value 2 you can find the textbox in that
row in itemdatabound event
Dim txtNewBox as textbox = DirectCast(e.item.FindControl("id of
textbox"),textbox)
If Not txtNewBox is nothing then
' Here you can set text box property
txtNewBox.readonly = true
End If
End If

I hope this will work for you. Let me know if any concerns

Regards,
Sachin Saki

Guest

Hi,
thanks for the response. It doesnt quite work however.

It has strange behaviour, the textbox in the edititemtemplate is always read
only regardless of my check. Even if I comment out the "txtNewBox.readonly =
true" code it is still read only.

But anyways what I would like to do is not to display the txtNewBox at all
as opposed to just making it read only. Am I right in putting this code in
the itemdatabound event of the datagrid?

Guest

can't you make visible = false? for the text box? and if you need to make it
visible in postback , just set visible = true for the text box.

?

Guest

I have this code in the itemdatabound event..

If e.Item.Cells(8).Text = "2" Then

Dim t As TextBox =
DirectCast(e.Item.FindControl("txtPendingEd"), TextBox)
If Not t Is Nothing Then
t.Visible = False
End If
End If

e.Item.Cells(1).ToolTip = e.Item.Cells(7).Text

I have debugged and there are rows in the grid with cell(8) text of "2" yet
the TextBox declared above is always "nothing".

Does anyone have any code that they can test this in. I really cannot get
what seems like a simple thing to work.