    I do this h2xs complains that -L and -l arguments are "unknown".

    Thanks,

    -Clint

    Clint Olsen, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Also sprach Clint Olsen:

    > The docpage for h2xs states that any extra library arguments required
    > (libraries and such) should follow any headerfile arguments. However, when
    > I do this h2xs complains that -L and -l arguments are "unknown".

    A while back I complained about the same thing and provided a patch to
    sync h2xs' behaviour with the docs. So this is now fixed for 5.8.1's
    h2xs.

    It was not a very serious bug though. Just leave off any -l/-L arguments
    and instead stuff them into Makefile.PL as the value for LIBS. This is
    what h2xs is doing right now, too.

    Tassilo

    Tassilo v. Parseval, Oct 16, 2003