5.8.0 h2xs seems broken wrt. library arguments

Clint Olsen

Hi:

The docpage for h2xs states that any extra library arguments required
(libraries and such) should follow any headerfile arguments. However, when
I do this h2xs complains that -L and -l arguments are "unknown".

Thanks,

-Clint

Tassilo v. Parseval

Also sprach Clint Olsen:
The docpage for h2xs states that any extra library arguments required
(libraries and such) should follow any headerfile arguments. However, when
I do this h2xs complains that -L and -l arguments are "unknown".

A while back I complained about the same thing and provided a patch to
sync h2xs' behaviour with the docs. So this is now fixed for 5.8.1's
h2xs.

It was not a very serious bug though. Just leave off any -l/-L arguments
and instead stuff them into Makefile.PL as the value for LIBS. This is
what h2xs is doing right now, too.

Tassilo