50 Character limitation on TextArea box?

Techhead

I have a textarea box in a form. The character width is set to 250
with 3 lines. The data gets posted to a SQL database. The field for
this textarea data is varchar(250).

Everytime I enter more than 50 characters in the textarea field and
submit, i receive a "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error
'80040e57' String or binary data would be truncated" 50 or less
characters and the data is submitted successfully and writes to the
database.

Where is this 50 character limitation coming from?

Techhead

I have a textarea box in a form. The character width is set to 250
with 3 lines. The data gets posted to a SQL database. The field for
this textarea data is varchar(250).

Everytime I enter more than 50 characters in the textarea field and
submit, i receive a "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error
'80040e57'  String or binary data would be truncated" 50 or less
characters and the data is submitted successfully and writes to the
database.

Where is this 50 character limitation coming from?

Any ideas?

Anthony Jones

Techhead said:
I have a textarea box in a form. The character width is set to 250
with 3 lines. The data gets posted to a SQL database. The field for
this textarea data is varchar(250).

Everytime I enter more than 50 characters in the textarea field and
submit, i receive a "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error
'80040e57' String or binary data would be truncated" 50 or less
characters and the data is submitted successfully and writes to the
database.

Where is this 50 character limitation coming from?

Its coming from your SQL code. No one has answered because without further
details its difficult to say. Are you using an SP? Are you using an ADO
command object? how are you creating the parameter in the ado command
object? Are you doing an insert or an update? If its an insert have you
miss counted the field positions in the Value list?