500.100 ASP Error (0x80004005)

Jo Winchester

We are getting the following error message when trying to access an .asp page
in IIS 5 on a Windows 2000 server. I have found that (0x80004005) is a
fairly common error, but usually it is accompanied with more information.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this error?

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

Error Type:
(0x80004005)

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)

Page:
GET /DMS/Home.asp

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

Take a look at the code in the page, and identify any areas where 80004005
errors might come up. These usually deal with permissions issues, and in
most cases they involve either an MS Access database connection, or
accessing files via FileSystemObject.

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

You might also check the event log, sometimes the event registers there...

Jo Winchester

Thanks for your comments.

Am I safe to assume that the error is being caused by something within the
code, rather than by a setting on the server?

I have been able to run the default IIS .asp pages without any problems.

Jo

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

Am I safe to assume that the error is being caused by something within the
code, rather than by a setting on the server?

I have been able to run the default IIS .asp pages without any problems.

Then it definitely sounds like a code issue.