500 error msgs from a .css file?

dschelberg

Has anyone seen this before where IIS is logging CSS
(Cascading Style Sheet) 500 error msgs and what can we do
to fix it. I have 5 web apps on a Win2k IIS 5.0 server and
am not certain where to look next as the cause. The web
app does not show this problem in earlier environments
only production. The Developers say that the file is
called from an html header and there is no scripting
involved and there is nothing else they can look at. In
addition the fonts and format are standard? I have not
heard of any complaints in the past, but the website has
stopped responding twice in the last week on both
instances which may or may not be related to this error.
It is the most frequent error found in the logs..

2003-11-03 18:05:45 X.X.X.251 - X.X.X.135 443
GET /css/style.css - 500 Mozilla/4.0+
(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322)

CJM

AFAIK stylesheets shouldnt be able to create these errors...

The CSS files shouldnt be process by IIS, this is done on the client side.

Can you post a link or a code snippet, showing how your CSS is linked...

Chris