500 error running asp on a virtual directory that runs asp.net with no errors

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rocio, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Rocio

    Rocio Guest

    I do not understand why. I am running perfectly well asp.net on a
    virtual directory, but if I put a simple asp file such as this, and
    named it foo.asp, and try to run it from this virtual directory, I get
    the 500 error:

    <%
    Response.Write("hello")

    %>

    Any ideas why? I check the Properties of this virtual directory, and
    under The Virtual Directory tab, Configuration button, App Mappings
    tab, I can see .asp listed pointing to
    C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\asp.dll . If I look at this folder the dll
    exists.

    I'm running windows 2000 professional.
    But I found the same problem in another computer running Windows 2003
    server, IIS 6.0

    any ideas???
    Rocio, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Rocio