    would cause this. This is an admin application that uses Session and
    adds/updates an access DB. Works fine here, any ideas?

    Thanks!
    John, Mar 20, 2005

  2. John

    Steven Burn Guest

    Find out the _REAL_ error message.......

    http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    I am presuming permissions have been checked?

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Mar 20, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    Permissions would affect me as well since this is a remote server true?
    I'll have them uncheck the friendly messages but just the same, why am I not
    getting any errors here? The app works perfectly on my machine. If
    firewall the only answer?

    John, Mar 20, 2005
  4. John

    Steven Burn Guest

    If you can access the files on their server but they can't, it is unlikely to be a firewall issue (and then again, unlikely to be a permissions issue). If you can find out what the real error message is (500 is just a container error number and not the real number), you'll have more to go on.

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Mar 20, 2005
  5. John

    Evertjan. Guest

    John wrote on 20 mrt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I recently finished a project for someone and they are getting 500
    > errors.

    So now the errors have stopped after these 500 ?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Mar 20, 2005
  6. John

    John Guest

    Uh, thats Error "500" ;-/ Internal server error.

    John, Mar 20, 2005
  7. John

    Evertjan. Guest

    John wrote on 21 mrt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    >> John wrote on 20 mrt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >>
    >> > I recently finished a project for someone and they are getting 500
    >> > errors.
    >> >

    >> So now the errors have stopped after these 500 ?

    > Uh, thats Error "500" ;-/ Internal server error.

    Got you ;-}

    Better swtich to unfiendly errors in IE.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Mar 20, 2005
  8. John

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    >unfiendly errors
    I'm not sure if this is a typo or not :>)

    Bob Lehmann
    I top post, I know. Old dogs, whatever.
    Don't try to train me, I'm as trained as I'm going to get..

    Bob Lehmann, Mar 21, 2005
  9. John

    Evertjan. Guest

    Bob Lehmann wrote on 21 mrt 2005 in
    > "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    >> John wrote on 21 mrt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >> >
    >> > Uh, thats Error "500" ;-/ Internal server error.

    >> Got you ;-}
    >> Better switch to unfiendly errors in IE.

    >>unfiendly errors

    > I'm not sure if this is a typo or not :>)

    It is not.

    "Better switch to unfiendly errors in IE."
    means John should switch off IE's friendly errors.

    > Bob Lehmann
    > I top post, I know. Old dogs, whatever.
    > Don't try to train me, I'm as trained as I'm going to get..

    I am not trying to train you new tricks, Bob,
    just the rest of the world.

    BTW topposting IS such new trick,
    I am trying to enforce traditional good usenet manners.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Mar 21, 2005
  10. Re: 500 errors!! probably host problem

    We had the same problem,

    the server we hosted the website was working too hard :)
    We used it also as a terminal server.
    When a ts session was mad the 500 error appears.
    When the server has no ts session open the 500 errors did not appear.

    Rene

    Rene Wennekes, Mar 25, 2005