    out of the box?

    Thanks,
    fm

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm1AbmV3c2dyb3Vwcy5ub3NwYW0=?=, Nov 4, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Zm1AbmV3c2dyb3Vwcy5ub3NwYW0=?=

    clintonG Guest

    All section508 compliance occurs in the user interface. The classes in the
    framework emit client-side HTML and client-side script but as you've learned
    what is emitted falls short of section 508 compliance. Thus, you need to
    learn how to use the framework to modify what is emitted.

    If you are using Visual Studio.NET search on the term: client-side in the
    help file and also Google: "client-side functionality in a server control"
    which will result in the documentation you will need to use to learn to emit
    your own compliant client-side HTML. Start with MSDN articles as that is
    official documentation.

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost"
    Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development

    <> wrote in message
    > We would like to consider using ASP.NET for our portal development. A
    > requirement is that the pages are 508 compliant.
    > http://www.section508.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Content&ID=3
    >
    > All I have been able to find on the net is a KB article that says a
    > framework rollup now has the grid producing 508 compliant HTML.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823030
    >
    > I also found a blog that says VS2005 will produce 508 compliant server
    > controls. http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2003/11/25/39620.aspx.
    >
    > So if ASP.NET 1.1 does not produce 508 compliant code is there a KB that
    > describes what we would need to do beyond uses ASP.NET 1.1 and VS2003

    right

    clintonG, Nov 5, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Zm1AbmV3c2dyb3Vwcy5ub3NwYW0=?=

    Derek Harmon Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...
    > So if ASP.NET 1.1 does not produce 508 compliant code is there a KB that
    > describes what we would need to do beyond uses ASP.NET 1.1 and VS2003 right
    > out of the box?

    There are a variety of ASP.NET server control replacements that provide greater
    degrees of Section 508 compliance for ASP.NET 1.x for today's applications,

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="Section 508 Compliance" ASP.NET

    Derek Harmon

    Derek Harmon, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Hi Fm,

    As for the generating 508 compliant asp.net page output in 1.1 you
    mentioned, I think we have serveral available approachs:
    1. Page Level: intercept the page's output html content and do our custom
    format on it before send to clientside. And generally we have two means to
    intercept the page's output content before sent to clientside:
    # Use a Response Filter , for example:

    Response Filter to Take out White Spaces and New Line Feeds using
    HttpResponse.Filter
    http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/donnymack/archive/2003/09/08/1468.aspx

    # For a certain page, override the page's Render method and modify the
    output page content in it:
    For example:

    Class PageName: System.Web.Page
    System.Text.StringBuilder sb = new System.Text.StringBuilder();
    System.IO.StringWriter sw = new System.IO.StringWriter(sb);
    System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter htw = new HtmlTextWriter(sw);
    base.Render (htw);

    string content = sb.ToString();

    //do formatting on the content

    2. Control level, make our custom control wrapper ( derived from the
    existing web control classes) and override the render method so as to
    format the html content at the control level). This is similiar to override
    the Page's Render method since we do modification in our custom control's
    overrided Render method.

    3. Using raw isapi filters in IIS ( since this is beyound the .net
    framework , I haven't any furthur values).

    In addition, here are some former threads in the group discussing on the
    similiar problem:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&th=a06f15073f6721ef&se
    ekm=y0F8qBe9DHA.3612%40cpmsftngxa07.phx.gbl#link1

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=v6u$qjU7DHA.3496@cpmsf
    tngxa07.phx.gbl&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dasp.net%2Bxhtml%2Bsteven%2Bcheng%2
    6hl%3Den

    Hope also helps. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Hope helps. Thanks.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 5, 2004
  5. Thanks Clinton, Steven and Derek! I appreciate the insight.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm1AbmV3c2dyb3Vwcy5ub3NwYW0=?=, Nov 5, 2004
  6. You're welcome, Fm.

    Thanks again for your posting.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 8, 2004