64bits Eclipse

Jack

I installed 64bit Eclipse on my Win7 machine. Can I still choose 32bit
JRE to build my source and as run time environment?

Thanks.

Lew

I installed 64bit Eclipse on my Win7 machine. Can I still choose 32bit
JRE to build my source and as run time environment?

It's irrelevant whether you compile with 32- or 64-bit versions; the result is
the same.

You can tell Eclipse about any and all JVMs you've installed, and associate
any project with any of those JVMs.

Robert Klemme

This is true only in theory. On Windows 7 on an x64 machine, the 64-bit JDK won't
work well with Eclipse. (I haven't tried this recently though, so YMMV.)

Why? What issues did you have?
Also, the JDK installer won't offer to install Java DB; you need to find the
separate installer for that.

.... if you need JavaDB.

Cheers

robert

Lew

Wayne said:
Also, the JDK installer won't offer to install Java DB; you need to find the
separate installer for that.

I have not experienced that. I've installed 64-bit Java a number of
times and it's always included JavaDB. I have not tried this on
Windows 7, though.

Andreas Leitgeb

Lew said:
I have not experienced that. I've installed 64-bit Java a number of
times and it's always included JavaDB. I have not tried this on
Windows 7, though.

JavaDB, Windows 7 and "not install" ring a "deja vu"-bell in me. There
was a thread about it some time ago, iirc started by Roedy.

Can't test myself, for lack of both, Windows 7 and a 64bit processor.