7-zip or rar lib?

Tim

Does anyone know of libs for manipulating 7-zip or rar archives in ruby?
I know there are C libs available but don't really know where to start
on wrapping them with ruby...

Thanks,
Tim

Ryan Leavengood

Does anyone know of libs for manipulating 7-zip or rar archives in ruby?
I know there are C libs available but don't really know where to start
on wrapping them with ruby...

This sounds interesting. I will investigate options for using 7-zip.
It seems they have LZMA SDK for supporting the 7z format.

I also found this: http://www.unrarlib.org. This only supports opening
(not creating) the RAR 2.0 format. Still it might be useful to have in
Ruby, and shouldn't be hard to wrap.

Ryan

Tim

The thing that got me asking is that I am a long time rar user but I
noticed that latest 7-zip beat the best rar compression on a 60mb group
of multimedia files by almost 8 megs...

There is also an unrar lib (with source) at http://rarlab.com/rar_add.htm

Thanks for looking into this!

Tim

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

Hi!

Does anyone know of libs for manipulating 7-zip or rar archives in
ruby? I know there are C libs available but don't really know where
to start on wrapping them with ruby...

I'd like to add that it would also be helpful to have a library
capable of manipulating Stuffit archives.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

Hi!