    would be very beneficial.

    Thanks for any info,
    -Adam

    ajcrm125, Jul 26, 2006

  2. On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:08:09 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:

    > Is there a lib like this out there? I want to simulate some older
    > designs to get my head around certian functions, and a lib like this
    > would be very beneficial.
    >
    > Thanks for any info,
    > -Adam

    You could probably write a library in an hour or two. You won't need to do
    the whole TTL data book, chances are you'll only need a handful of models.
    You'll need to find a copy of the TTL databook somewhere.

    General Schvantzkoph, Jul 26, 2006

  3. ajcrm125

    ajcrm125 Guest

    Yeah but that requires work. :) Anyways I figured by now there must
    be a lib out there somewhere.

    -Adam

    ajcrm125, Jul 26, 2006
  4. On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:24:30 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:

    > Yeah but that requires work. :) Anyways I figured by now there must
    > be a lib out there somewhere.
    >
    > -Adam
    > General Schvantzkoph wrote:
    >> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:08:09 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:
    >>
    >> > Is there a lib like this out there? I want to simulate some older
    >> > designs to get my head around certian functions, and a lib like this
    >> > would be very beneficial.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for any info,
    >> > -Adam

    >> You could probably write a library in an hour or two. You won't need to do
    >> the whole TTL data book, chances are you'll only need a handful of models.
    >> You'll need to find a copy of the TTL databook somewhere.

    At one time 7400 TTL libraries were common but that was a long time ago.
    The amount of work involved is really trivial, the 7400 series components
    can each be described in a few lines of Verilog.

    General Schvantzkoph, Jul 26, 2006
  5. ajcrm125

    Andy Guest

    Free Model Foundry has a 74/54xx model library that has full timing,
    etc.

    http://www.freemodelfoundry.com/

    Andy

    Andy, Jul 26, 2006
  6. ajcrm125

    gabor Guest

    I could only find VHDL models on the FMF site for 74xx parts. Good
    enough for mixed-language simulation, but if the O.P. wanted Verilog
    models he may find some translation work necessary...

    gabor, Jul 27, 2006
  7. ajcrm125

    Andy Guest

    I assumed that if the OP posted this in comp.lang.vhdl, which he did,
    then vhdl models were acceptable.

    I'd hate to try to translate a VITAL vhdl model into verilog!

    Andy

    Andy, Jul 27, 2006