77,000 and still counting - unbelievable

Travis Newbury

1000% said:
You lost.

Sorry you can not accept the results. But it is your government for the
next 4 years. So the decisions they mare represent the country. you
are part of the country. In 4 years, you can try to change it.

Brendan Taylor

Doesn't make us bad either.

No, being bad makes you bad.

Whether you are or not is debatable; the claim being made by your
detractors is that you are bad, not that you are not the most benevolent
country the world has ever seen.

My point is that the "fact" of your benevolency is completely irrelevant.
What's yours?

Josh

Sorry you can not accept the results. But it is your government for the
next 4 years. So the decisions they mare represent the country. you
are part of the country. In 4 years, you can try to change it.

I hate to inform you of your ignorance but they do not in any way shape or
form represent the entire country.

Travis Newbury

Brendan said:
Whether you are or not is debatable; the claim being made by your
detractors is that you are bad, not that you are not the most benevolent
country the world has ever seen.

My point is that the "fact" of your benevolency is completely irrelevant.
What's yours?

Just because someone says your bad does not mean your bad.

Joel Shepherd

Sorry you can not accept the results. But it is your government for the
next 4 years. So the decisions they mare represent the country. you
are part of the country. In 4 years, you can try to change it.

I hate to inform you of your ignorance but they do not in any way shape or
form represent the entire country.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that it's a representative democracy only when _your_
views are the ones being represented?

Hate to tell you (and I was on the "losing" side in this last election),
but that's not how it works.

And there's better ways to make the situation more to your liking than
sulking and distancing yourself from 'them'.

Steve Sobol

Joel said:
So are you saying that it's a representative democracy only when _your_
views are the ones being represented?

The people's views, by and large, aren't represented; only the special
interests are. If those views and goals mesh with mine, great! Often they
don't. Unfortunately, I don't have the deep pockets the special interests do,
so it's a lot harder to make my opinion known. I can't buy Congressmen - I
can't afford them.

And yes, I do go out and vote.

Travis Newbury

Steve said:
The people's views, by and large, aren't represented; only the special
interests are...

Yea, yea, yea, and Gore won the previous election. boo hoo.... Get
over it and get involved if you don't like the present system.

mscir

Joel said:
So are you saying that it's a representative democracy only when _your_
views are the ones being represented?

Hate to tell you (and I was on the "losing" side in this last election),
but that's not how it works.

And there's better ways to make the situation more to your liking than
sulking and distancing yourself from 'them'.

Better ways? Really? Would you recommend lobbying?