    RS("Company") where Company is a valid field in the database.

    Anyone with an idea of what is going on would be very much appreciated.

    -Mark

    Mark, Jul 12, 2004

  2. "Mark" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > All across my site i am getting 0x80020009 errors every so often.
    > they point to lines of code like
    > where FolderNAMEIN is a string such as "Botswana" and the
    > VarFolderNameLength is 150
    >

    > if len(FolderNAMEIN) > VarFolderNameLength then
    >

    > and
    >
    > RS("Company") where Company is a valid field in the database.
    >
    > Anyone with an idea of what is going on would be very much appreciated.

    Start here ...
    http://www.aspfaq.com/search.asp?q=80020009&type=ALL&category=0&numDays=0&order=2

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Jul 12, 2004

  3. Mark

    Ray at Guest

    Without more details, it's hard to suggest things. Try starting here
    though:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2421

    Also, it wouldn't hurt to use rs.Fields.Item("Company").Value if you want to
    retreive a value from your recordset.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jul 12, 2004
  4. Mark

    Mark Guest

    thanks but this is the message i get.
    Error Type:
    (0x80020009)
    /inc/inc_Include.asp, line 165

    CODE
    <<<<<<
    Function FolderNameFix(FolderNAMEIN)
    dim
    FolderNameRetVal,folderNameLoopVal,folderNameLoopUbound,VarFolderNameLength
    dim LetterInQuestion
    FolderNameRetVal = ""
    VarFolderNameLength = 150
    if len(FolderNAMEIN) > VarFolderNameLength then
    <<< LINE 165
    folderNameLoopUbound = VarFolderNameLength
    else
    folderNameLoopUbound = len(FolderNAMEIN)
    end if

    there is no additional words...like an object required error or anything
    like that
    this is in an otherwise tame peice of code

    -Mark

    "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
    > "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > > All across my site i am getting 0x80020009 errors every so often.
    > > they point to lines of code like
    > > where FolderNAMEIN is a string such as "Botswana" and the
    > > VarFolderNameLength is 150
    > >

    > > if len(FolderNAMEIN) > VarFolderNameLength then
    > >

    > > and
    > >
    > > RS("Company") where Company is a valid field in the database.
    > >
    > > Anyone with an idea of what is going on would be very much appreciated.

    > Start here ...

    http://www.aspfaq.com/search.asp?q=80020009&type=ALL&category=0&numDays=0&order=2

    > --
    > Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/iis/
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > http://www.iisfaq.com/
    > http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for running

    IIS

    Mark, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Mark

    Larry Woods Guest

    Mark,

    I believe that an Error code 9 is a subscript error. I notice that you are
    using the word "Ubound" as part of a variable name. Possible change that.
    Also, I have gotten this error if I am calling a function that is not
    defined since VBScript views "xxx(abc)" as an array if "xxx" is not defined
    as a function.

    FWIW,

    Larry Woods

    Larry Woods, Jul 12, 2004
  6. Mark

    Mark Guest

    it apparently was an unchecked EOF in the page that called the function
    below.

    Mark, Jul 13, 2004