8051 core

Ashu

Hi,
If anybody has 8051 core with AHB interface and TAP interface to it?

I need source code of it urgently.

Even a preliminary document or half complete code would do to help
me...

Please reply ASAP.

Regards
Ashish

Ashu

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Acu I have checked that ref on Opencores.org but no one has tested the
core for full functionality and performance.
Also I am looking at TAP controller interface for debugging support so
that i can choose between and start for my own design.
Has anybody worked on TAP or debug interface design for any MCU? if so
please provide me your inputs.

Thanks

Ashu

Andy Peters

Ashu said:
Acu I have checked that ref on Opencores.org but no one has tested the
core for full functionality and performance.
Also I am looking at TAP controller interface for debugging support so
that i can choose between and start for my own design.
Has anybody worked on TAP or debug interface design for any MCU? if so
please provide me your inputs.

Presumably, you're willing and able to pay, and pay well, for this
information?

-a

Pszemol

Andy Peters said:
Presumably, you're willing and able to pay, and pay well, for this
information?

Do you know any comercially available 8051 IP core with JTAG debugger
support in a reasonable price range ? I mean something in around a couple
of thousand USD instead of 20-30 thousand USD ?

Ashu

I have searched a lot but commercal 8051 cores will always cost you in
tens of thousand dollars. also the reuse royalty is high..
How about a self developed core if time permits..
i am also looking for same. its possible to modify the opensource for
performance optimization and can glue additional logic to it for
debugger interface.
are u interested in collaborative developement?

Mike Treseler

Ashu said:
I have searched a lot but commercal 8051 cores will always cost you in
tens of thousand dollars. also the reuse royalty is high..
How about a self developed core if time permits..
i am also looking for same. its possible to modify the opensource for
performance optimization and can glue additional logic to it for
debugger interface.
are u interested in collaborative developement?

$20,000 !?

Can someone explain the appeal of the 8051?
Did it appear on _That 70's Show_?

I still remember moving blocks of
code around to fit *on-page jumps*

Run away!

-- Mike Treseler

Dave Higton

In message <[email protected]>
Mike Treseler said:
$20,000 !?

Can someone explain the appeal of the 8051?
Did it appear on _That 70's Show_?

I still remember moving blocks of
code around to fit *on-page jumps*

Run away!

I never could understand why, with so many Motorola 6805/08 series
single chip micros available, anyone would want to have anything to
do with an 8051 family device.

OT - sorry.

Dave