96 rows of data into a table

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mike, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I have a select that will return 96 rows of data.

    Data looks like:

    A1
    A2
    A12
    B1
    B12
    H12

    I need to put this in a table like

    A1 A2 A3 .... A12
    B1
    H1 H2 H3 .... H12

    Getrows doesn't work since it thinks these are 96 rows instead of 96 pieces
    of data in 8 rows

    My brain doesn't seem to be clicking this morning. Anything simple I am
    missing?

    Mike
    Mike, Oct 21, 2003

  2. If there are always 12 columns, you could adjust this script:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2247

    Or maybe you are looking for a crosstab:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2462

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest