_2694_ssce.msm corrupt..

darkStar_e2

Hi guys..
I am installing Visual Studio.NET but i always have that message that
_2694_ssce.msm was either corrupt or cannot be read from the disk or there
was a network poroblem.. I have some doubt on this message coz i've used
this installer before and it worked perfectly on some computers.. The
computer i am trying to instal .NET is a fresh formatted computer.... Please
I want to know how tohandle this message... or maybe i have done something
wrong..
Darkstar

Azhagan

I guess the CD from which you are installing must have some dust or a
scratch on the surface. See if you can easily wipe the surface (use a very
soft clean cloth). Try copying all the contents from CD to a temp folder on
your system and try to install from there. If you still have difficulty
copying this particular file from CD to harddisk, try to copy this file from
another CD or microsoft's download.

Hope this helps,
-Azhagan

darkStar_e2

The disc i am using has no problem coz i had copied it sucessfully and that
it worked on other machine.. i am thinking if installation of the vs.net
needs to have some settings and hardware configured properly, aside from
what are only required on the installation guide..

Azhagan

That is what the pre-requisite CD is for. You do not need any other
extra hardware/software to install VS.NET. If you have gotten around to
starting the install process and if its giving you an error while copying
one file, its nothing wrong with the install program.

Try to copy all the contents from CD to your harddisk and replace that
one particular .msm file from the other machine where you had no difficulty
installing it. (All .msm files should be available at <Drive:>\Program
Files\Common Files\Merged Modules

HTH,
-Azhagan