    But when client(java) tries to connect to the server,
    server aborts with below back trace.

    0 0x007d27a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
    #1 0x008167f5 in raise () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
    #2 0x00818199 in abort () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
    #3 0xb198767b in GetCurrentFrame32 ()
    from /usr/local/packages/icc_remote/8.0.058/lib/libunwind.so.5
    #4 0xb1986de7 in _Unwind_RaiseException_inner ()
    from /usr/local/packages/icc_remote/8.0.058/lib/libunwind.so.5
    #5 0xb1994b7b in __cxa_throw ()
    from /usr/local/packages/icc_remote/8.0.058/lib/libcxa.so.5

    #6 0xb5e91916 in DCWFormat::GetValueToken ()
    from /ade/araghuva_compilerupgrade/dc/lib/libshare/opt/libdcw51.so
    #7 0xb5e927bc in DCWFormat::privateLoadFormatString ()
    from /ade/araghuva_compilerupgrade/dc/lib/libshare/opt/libdcw51.so
    #8 0xb5e8e1d3 in DCWFormat::LoadString ()
    from /ade/araghuva_compilerupgrade/dc/lib/libshare/opt/libdcw51.so
    #9 0xb5ebfaf2 in DCWExceptionFormatter::SetDefaultFormat ()
    from /ade/araghuva_compilerupgrade/dc/lib/libshare/opt/libdcw51.so
    #10 0x08440c36 in DCSFormatOptions::Init ()
    #11 0x0843ff49 in _ZN16DCSFormatOptionsC9ER17DCSSessionManager ()
    #12 0x0844667b in DCSFormatOptions::DCSFormatOptions ()
    #13 0x08360f1a in DCSPreferenceDelegator::Initialize ()
    #14 0x0818fc8c in
    _ZN14DCSApplicationC9EP12DCSSchedulerP17DCSSessionManager ()
    #15 0x08191338 in DCSApplication::DCSApplication ()

    I tried diging in and found that it aborts at the first throw
    exception
    statement it encounters, with or without connecting client.
    I guess there is some symbol conflicts between intel provided lib and
    gcc one.

    A similar problem I could find on net is---

    https://cca1.ornl.gov/pipermail/babel-users/2004q3/001160.html

    You can see 0-5 frames aree xactly like mine.

    Any help will be really appreciated.

    ~COL
    CoL, Sep 10, 2007

  2. CoL <> writes:
    > We have recently migrated our product to intel compiler 8.0 from gcc
    > 2.96 on RHEL 4.
    > Everything works absolutely fine with gcc.
    > I have successfully managed to build/link the product(server) on intel
    > compiler.
    > But when client(java) tries to connect to the server,
    > server aborts with below back trace.

    [...]
    > #6 0xb5e91916 in DCWFormat::GetValueToken ()
    > from /ade/araghuva_compilerupgrade/dc/lib/libshare/opt/libdcw51.so

    [...]
    > I tried diging in and found that it aborts at the first throw
    > exception
    > statement it encounters, with or without connecting client.
    > I guess there is some symbol conflicts between intel provided lib and
    > gcc one.

    [...]

    Looks like C++, not C, so comp.lang.c++ would be more appropriate than
    comp.lang.c.

    But your problem is probably with your implementation, not with the
    language, so a forum that deals with Intel's compiler would be even
    better.

    Keith Thompson, Sep 10, 2007

  3. In article <>,
    Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    >Looks like C++, not C, so comp.lang.c++ would be more appropriate than
    >comp.lang.c.
    >
    >But your problem is probably with your implementation, not with the
    >language, so a forum that deals with Intel's compiler would be even
    >better.

    IOW:

    Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    --
    Useful clc-related links:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    Kenny McCormack, Sep 10, 2007
  4. On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:29:07 +0000, Kenny McCormack wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    >>Looks like C++, not C, so comp.lang.c++ would be more appropriate than
    >>comp.lang.c.
    >>
    >>But your problem is probably with your implementation, not with the
    >>language, so a forum that deals with Intel's compiler would be even
    >>better.

    > IOW:
    >
    > Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Now you're getting it! Good boy!

    It's (apparently) C++, so the C++ folks will likely know better...
    Except it looks like an implementation problem, so ask the implementer.

    See how easy that is?
    Kelsey Bjarnason, Sep 10, 2007
  5. CoL

    Army1987 Guest

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:59:57 -0700, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:29:07 +0000, Kenny McCormack wrote:
    >> IOW:
    >>
    >> Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    > Now you're getting it! Good boy!
    >
    > It's (apparently) C++, so the C++ folks will likely know better...
    > Except it looks like an implementation problem, so ask the implementer.
    >
    > See how easy that is?

    Don't feed the troll. Kenny has posted tens of posts identical to
    that one.
    --
    Army1987 (Replace "NOSPAM" with "email")
    stupid “Smart Quotes†feature. This is so you'll avoid sprinkling garbage
    Army1987, Sep 11, 2007