_Text Processing in Python_

Discussion in 'Perl' started by David Mertz, Ph.D., Jul 18, 2003.

  1. At the risk of heresy, I though I might let readers of this group know
    that I have written a book for Addison Wesley with the title listed in
    the subject line. Obviously, readers are here because they program in
    Perl; I hardly want to engage in a language war. But my book -does-
    address how to do many of the things that Perl is best at, but in the
    context of another popular programming language.

    Anyway, you can buy my book, or you can read the complete source text
    at:

    http://gnosis.cx/TPiP/

    I encourage both of those. But I am writing here primarily for a
    different purpose. I would be very interested in getting members of
    the Perl community to write reviews of my book. In a way, it's hard
    to imagine better experts for evaluation of my title than y'all. Of
    course, I am ready for reviews that start "You can do it better in
    Perl..."; hopefully they'll continue past the opening.

    If someone here thinks they might like to publish a review of _TPiP_,
    let me know so I can work out getting you a free review copy. Or you
    can write to AW directly--they're even more interested in promoting my
    book than I am, since they wind up with most of the money :).

    Yours, David Mertz

    David Mertz, Ph.D., Jul 18, 2003