    that site's web hosting company moved the website into its own application
    pool, sharing it with no one else, and the session variables still don't
    persist, I am gasping at straws.

    William LaMartin, Nov 10, 2003

  2. William LaMartin

    Oliver Guest

    You're probably on the right track. The FrontPage extensions higher up in
    the directory structure may be "touching" your Web and making ASP.NET think
    it should reset.

    You might want to remove the FP extensions, post your files via FTP and see
    what comes of it.

    Also make sure your Web is not contained by any other Web Applications.

    "William LaMartin" <> wrote in message
    > For several weeks I have been trying to track down the cause of

    disappearing
    > session and application variables. At the site that gives me the

    problem--a
    > Microsoft FrontPage site--I note that there is a _vti_cnf folder inside

    the
    > bin folder. And in this folder there is a file called WebTest.dll. This

    is
    > really a text file and contains FrontPage data regarding modification

    dates,
    > etc. about the real WebTest.dll file that is in the bin folder.
    >
    > Having read that any process accessing the bin folder can reset the

    session
    > variables, I wonder if there is something that could be accessing the
    > _vti_cnf folder inside the bin folder or the WebTest.dll text file there.
    >
    > On my development computer the same setup gives no problem. However,

    after

    Oliver, Nov 10, 2003