    all in subject :( ... i've seen stuff like tioga (linux) or gnuplot, but
    i'd like something like 2Dgraphics on java.. I am new to ruby, so any
    suggestion welcome, thank you in advance.

    honte, Jan 15, 2007

  2. honte wrote:
    > all in subject :( ... i've seen stuff like tioga (linux) or gnuplot, but
    > i'd like something like 2Dgraphics on java.. I am new to ruby, so any
    > suggestion welcome, thank you in advance.

    There's the TkCanvas widget, which you can use through Ruby's Tk
    binding. It's included in the one-click installer and other ruby
    interpreter packages.

    Joel VanderWerf, Jan 15, 2007

  3. honte wrote:
    > i've seen stuff like tioga (linux) or gnuplot, but
    > i'd like something like 2Dgraphics on java.

    RMagick gives you a drawing API into an in-memory image,
    which you can save to a file in numerous formats. You can
    also access the pixel array and map them to a Pixbuf to
    display in a ruby-gtk application. This approach might be
    more suitable than TkCanvas if your main goal is to generate
    image files (rather than display images).

    Clifford Heath.

    Clifford Heath, Jan 15, 2007