A bad example you want?

Adrienne

What happens when client-side scripting is not supported is probably the
major issue in browser script design for the Internet.

Interestingly enough, this site does have a nice plain menu available for
users without javascript, and a little note saying the DHTML menu will not
work without it.

Usually, I hate these types of menus as my mouse never seems to be in the
right place at the right time. However, this one was just right, I didn't
even have an issues with the scrollbar.

Travis Newbury

Richard said:
Still far better than those clumsy flyout things you see all over the place.
On those, if you have JS turned off, you're screwed.

See the key is "if you have javascript turned off". I don't, and
neither do (insert your favorite statistic here) percent of the
viewers. When you come to a time like this, with scripting turned off,
you have to make an important decision. Turn it on, or leave. I think
a mixture of both happen.

On a similar note, one of the nice things I like about firefox is the
developer extention. I can turn things on and off on a whim. That and
the validation extention that validates when ever I check the source
for a page.

tromboneguy98

Travis said:
See the key is "if you have javascript turned off". I don't, and
neither do (insert your favorite statistic here) percent of the
viewers. When you come to a time like this, with scripting turned off,
you have to make an important decision. Turn it on, or leave. I think
a mixture of both happen.

The question is, Why would you turn it off? Unless you are experimenting or
something, I wouldn't understand what dolt would do such a thing. But
personally if the script works with JS on or off, then I don't really care.

~Trombones Rok~

Travis Newbury

tromboneguy98 said:
The question is, Why would you turn it off? Unless you are experimenting or
something, I wouldn't understand what dolt would do such a thing. But
personally if the script works with JS on or off, then I don't really care.

Many people do not have the option of turning it on or off. Company
policy rules. However I have never worked for a company that did that
because they usually needed javascript on for their intranet.

Andy Dingley

Many people do not have the option of turning it on or off. Company
policy rules. However I have never worked for a company that did that
because they usually needed javascript on for their intranet.

I've worked for a company that required it turned off by mandate, and
simultaneously turned on to use their awful corporate portal. You
won't be surprised that they mandated OutHouse as well.

Travis Newbury

Andy said:
I've worked for a company that required it turned off by mandate, and
simultaneously turned on to use their awful corporate portal. You
won't be surprised that they mandated OutHouse as well.

Siemen's forced their employees to use gawd-aweful corporate portal.
Which (get this) is maintained in front page!

Andy Dingley

Siemen's forced their employees to use gawd-aweful corporate portal.
Which (get this) is maintained in front page!

haven you ever seen a corporate porthole that wasn't majorly borken ?
At least they were getting their's on the cheap.

My favourite is still the major hardware vendor with their own Unix
flavour who spent a fortune on buying in a portal - which was IE-only.
If there's one site where you might reasonably expect to find a few
Unix die-hards, that was it.