a basic css-related query

cricketunes

Hi folks,
I am a newbie to CSS and I need to modify my page.
I have this Title tag which goes:

PostTitle{font-size:18px;font-weight:bold}

I want to have a blank line after each PostTitle entry.

How should I modify the PostTitle definition so that I automatically
get a blank line for each title?

Thanks,
Crickie

jb

Hi folks,
I am a newbie to CSS and I need to modify my page.
I have this Title tag which goes:

PostTitle{font-size:18px;font-weight:bold}

I want to have a blank line after each PostTitle entry.

How should I modify the PostTitle definition so that I automatically
get a blank line for each title?

Thanks,
Crickie

manually add a <br/>

Jonathan N. Little

First would advise you not to set your font size in pixel but in a ratio
of the base font, either in percentage or em's.

manually add a <br/>

No.

margin-bottom: 1em;

sunil

You can add h1 ..h6 tags It will automatically shows the title in a new
line, why this post title?
make this as
h1
{
font-size:18px;font-weight:bold;
}

thats enough

David Dorward

I am a newbie to CSS and I need to modify my page.
I have this Title tag which goes:
PostTitle{

If you are writing your page in HTML, then you can't do this. HTML has a
defined set of elements that you can use, and PostTitle is not among them.
It also has the perfectly good h1 to h6 set of heading elements.

If you are writing in a custom XML format, then I strongly suggest you
reconsider. Browser (and search engine) support is much better for HTML
then for unknown XML formats.
font-size:18px

Pixels for font sizing is considered harmful.
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=FontSize
I want to have a blank line after each PostTitle entry.

Adding display: block will probably do what you want, but writing good HTML
would be a better bet.