    Thanks,
    Crickie

    , May 13, 2006

  2. jb Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    > I am a newbie to CSS and I need to modify my page.
    > I have this Title tag which goes:
    >
    > PostTitle{font-size:18px;font-weight:bold}
    >

    > I want to have a blank line after each PostTitle entry.
    >

    > How should I modify the PostTitle definition so that I automatically
    > get a blank line for each title?
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Crickie

    manually add a <br/>

    jb, May 14, 2006

  3. In article <Tlu9g.70418$>,
    says...
    > wrote:
    > > Hi folks,
    > > I am a newbie to CSS and I need to modify my page.
    > > I have this Title tag which goes:
    > >
    > > PostTitle{font-size:18px;font-weight:bold}

    First would advise you not to set your font size in pixel but in a ratio
    of the base font, either in percentage or em's.

    > > I want to have a blank line after each PostTitle entry.
    > >

    > > How should I modify the PostTitle definition so that I automatically
    > > get a blank line for each title?
    > >

    > > Thanks,
    > > Crickie
    > >

    > manually add a <br/>

    No.

    margin-bottom: 1em;

    --

    Jonathan

    Jonathan N. Little, May 14, 2006
  4. sunil Guest

    You can add h1 ..h6 tags It will automatically shows the title in a new
    line, why this post title?
    make this as
    h1
    {
    font-size:18px;font-weight:bold;
    }

    thats enough

    sunil, May 14, 2006
  5. sunil Guest

    add <h1> tag instead of this PostTitle

    h1{

    sunil, May 14, 2006
  6. wrote:

    > I am a newbie to CSS and I need to modify my page.
    > I have this Title tag which goes:

    > PostTitle{

    If you are writing your page in HTML, then you can't do this. HTML has a
    defined set of elements that you can use, and PostTitle is not among them.
    It also has the perfectly good h1 to h6 set of heading elements.

    If you are writing in a custom XML format, then I strongly suggest you
    reconsider. Browser (and search engine) support is much better for HTML
    then for unknown XML formats.

    > font-size:18px

    Pixels for font sizing is considered harmful.
    http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=FontSize

    > I want to have a blank line after each PostTitle entry.

    Adding display: block will probably do what you want, but writing good HTML
    would be a better bet.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, May 14, 2006