    Perhaps it would knock some sense into those idiots, it certainly couldn't
    do any harm

    :)
    Paul, Feb 23, 2011

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "Leigh Johnston" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On 23/02/2011 15:55, Paul wrote:
    >> Imagine a team of demolition men in a large house knocking hell out of
    >> plaster walls with sledgehammers. But instead of sleadghammers they are
    >> holding the idiots in here by the feet, using their heads to demolish
    >> the wall.
    >>
    >> I find this a very soothing thought.
    >> Perhaps it would knock some sense into those idiots, it certainly
    >> couldn't do any harm

    <snip idiotic shit>
    The idiot posted a reply that has no rellevance to the original post.
    The is one small example of this particular idiots intelligence.

    <snip idiotic shit>
    Paul, Feb 23, 2011

  3. Paul

    red floyd Guest

    On 2/23/2011 8:16 AM, Paul wrote:

    > "Leigh Johnston" <> wrote in message
    >> On 23/02/2011 15:55, Paul wrote:
    >>> Imagine a team of demolition men in a large house knocking hell out of
    >>> plaster walls with sledgehammers. But instead of sleadghammers they are
    >>> holding the idiots in here by the feet, using their heads to demolish
    >>> the wall.
    >>>
    >>> I find this a very soothing thought.
    >>> Perhaps it would knock some sense into those idiots, it certainly
    >>> couldn't do any harm
    >>>

    > <snip idiotic shit>
    > The idiot posted a reply that has no rellevance to the original post.
    > The is one small example of this particular idiots intelligence.
    >
    > <snip idiotic shit>

    And the OP posted a message that has no relevance to the subject
    matter of this newsgroup.

    Or was there a C++ language question/comment in there somewhere
    that I missed?

    Pot. Kettle. Black.

    (and yes, I'm just as guilty by posting this message).
    red floyd, Feb 23, 2011
  4. Paul

    > On 23/02/2011 15:55, Paul wrote:
    >> Imagine a team of demolition men in a large house knocking hell out of
    >> plaster walls with sledgehammers. But instead of sleadghammers they are
    >> holding the idiots in here by the feet, using their heads to demolish
    >> the wall.
    >>
    >> I find this a very soothing thought.
    >> Perhaps it would knock some sense into those idiots, it certainly
    >> couldn't do any harm
    >>

    > int x;
    >
    > 'x' is an object; 'x' is an uninitialized object.

    Not according to the ISO C++ standard you IDIOT.

    When you understand the basic concepts you may be declassified from idiot
    status.
    _ __________________________________________
    1 [Note: this clause presents the basic concepts of the C + + language. It
    explains the difference between an
    object and a name and how they relate to the notion of an lvalue. It
    introduces the concepts of a declaration
    and a definition and presents C + +'s notion of type, scope, linkage, and
    storage duration. The mechanisms
    for starting and terminating a program are discussed. Finally, this clause
    presents the fundamental types of
    the language and lists the ways of constructing compound types from these.
    2 This clause does not cover concepts that affect only a single part of the
    language. Such concepts are discussed
    in the relevant clauses. ]
    3 An entity is a value, object, subobject, base class subobject, array
    element, variable, function, instance of a
    function, enumerator, type, class member, template, or namespace.
    4 A name is a use of an identifier (2.10) that denotes an entity or label
    (6.6.4, 6.1). A variable is introduced
    by the declaration of an object. The variable's name denotes the object.
    Paul, Feb 23, 2011
  5. Paul

    > On 23/02/2011 21:18, Paul wrote:
    >>
    >> "Leigh Johnston" <> wrote in message

    >>> int x;
    >>>
    >>> 'x' is an object; 'x' is an uninitialized object.
    >>>

    >> Not according to the ISO C++ standard you IDIOT.
    >>
    >> When you understand the basic concepts you may be declassified from
    >> idiot status.
    >> _ __________________________________________
    >> 1 [Note: this clause presents the basic concepts of the C + + language.
    >> It explains the difference between an
    >> object and a name and how they relate to the notion of an lvalue. It
    >> introduces the concepts of a declaration
    >> and a definition and presents C + +'s notion of type, scope, linkage,
    >> and storage duration. The mechanisms
    >> for starting and terminating a program are discussed. Finally, this
    >> clause presents the fundamental types of
    >> the language and lists the ways of constructing compound types from
    >> these.
    >> 2 This clause does not cover concepts that affect only a single part of
    >> the language. Such concepts are discussed
    >> in the relevant clauses. ]
    >> 3 An entity is a value, object, subobject, base class subobject, array
    >> element, variable, function, instance of a
    >> function, enumerator, type, class member, template, or namespace.
    >> 4 A name is a use of an identifier (2.10) that denotes an entity or
    >> label (6.6.4, 6.1). A variable is introduced
    >> by the declaration of an object. The variable's name denotes the object.
    >>

    > int x;
    >
    > 'x' is an object; 'x' is an uninitialized object.
    >
    > 'x' is a region of storage; 'x' is an uninitialized region of storage.

    x is a character literal.
    an object is a region of storage.
    you are an idiot.
    Paul, Feb 23, 2011
  6. Paul

    > On 23/02/2011 21:32, Paul wrote:
    >>
    >> "Leigh Johnston" <> wrote in message

    >>> int x;
    >>>
    >>> 'x' is an object; 'x' is an uninitialized object.
    >>>
    >>> 'x' is a region of storage; 'x' is an uninitialized region of storage.
    >>>

    >> x is a character literal.
    >> an object is a region of storage.
    >> you are an idiot.

    > int x;
    >
    > 'x' is an object; 'x' is an uninitialized object.
    >
    > 'x' is a region of storage; 'x' is an uninitialized region of storage.
    >
    > HTH.
    >
    > /Leigh

    You are an idiot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40_hgc0V2M8