A big thanks to you all

Debaser

Normally, when I make a post in these groups, I'm asking for help with
some kind of error I'm having. This time, I have no questions (at the
moment!). I just wanted to thank all of the regulars here that have
helped myself and others in the past. I can't count the number of
times you all have saved me.
So once again, thanks!
-Mike-

p.s. If you've ever benefited from someone's advice in this group, I
urge you to add a followup showing your gratitude.

p.p.s.
Yes, I know "thank you" is not part of the ANSI standard and beyond
the scope of this group.

CBFalconer

Debaser said:
.... snip ...

Yes, I know "thank you" is not part of the ANSI standard and beyond
the scope of this group.

We can overlook it, but cross-posting between c.l.c and c.l.c++ is
frowned upon. The languages are different. Also you would be
better off posting such a thankyou as a reply in the thread of
interest.

Mark McIntyre

We can overlook it, but cross-posting between c.l.c and c.l.c++ is
frowned upon. The languages are different. Also you would be
better off posting such a thankyou as a reply in the thread of
interest.

Excuse me, oscar, but can you please get out of bed on the right side
tomorrow?

deancoo

Debaser said:
Normally, when I make a post in these groups, I'm asking for help with
some kind of error I'm having. This time, I have no questions (at the
moment!). I just wanted to thank all of the regulars here that have
helped myself and others in the past. I can't count the number of
times you all have saved me.
So once again, thanks!
-Mike-

p.s. If you've ever benefited from someone's advice in this group, I
urge you to add a followup showing your gratitude.

p.p.s.
Yes, I know "thank you" is not part of the ANSI standard and beyond
the scope of this group.

Hear hear! I stared back into C++ about a month ago after about a decade of
in-activity (last seen in university). Specifically, the standard template
library was a whole new thing, but with the help of all the contributors to
this group I've made a speedy recovery.

Sincerest thanks,

CBFalconer

Mark said:
Excuse me, oscar, but can you please get out of bed on the right
side tomorrow?

I should have put a smiley there. It was not intended to be in the
least grouchy, just advice for the future. In the cold light of
the evening I can see how it can be misinterpreted.