    page.

    Thank you
    , Nov 10, 2007

  2. Darko Guest

    On Nov 10, 7:51 am, "" <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm, not sure if this is done in Javascript or DHTML. But, I am
    > looking create one of those frameless windows upon entering a page
    > that scroll in from the left to the center, usually containing some
    > type of advertisement.
    >
    > What is really cool is that normally you can see through the window,
    > the colors are such that you can see behind it. It also had an 'X' in
    > the upper right to close it.
    >
    > Many sites have this, although I cannot seem to find one, probably
    > because I am looking for it.
    >
    > Anyhow, can anyone point me to a site that has an example, or perhaps
    > provide an example? I want this frameless colorful window to scroll
    > from the left to the center, and upon clicking it, load a different
    > page.
    >
    > Thank you

    Instead of looking for such site, search for the following keywords:
    * css opacity (standard)
    * css -moz-opacity (mozilla)
    * css filter (Internet Explorer)

    That's for transparency.

    Also, DHTML is not something separate from JavaScript, but it's
    an abbreviation for Dynamic HTML, which AFAIK means Javascript + HTML.
    I haven't heard anyone using the acronym for a long time, though.

    As for scrolling, you'll need to look upon these words on Google:
    * setTimeout
    * css position absolute

    You make a HTML div move by calling a function that does something
    like this:

    window.windowPoz = screen.length;

    function slideIt()
    {
    windowPoz -= 5;
    object.style.left = windowPoz + "px";
    setTimeout( "slideIt()", 100 );
    }

    It's just a draft, to point how it's done, not a complete script. It's
    just to
    show you the ways of doing it (set initial position, use element's
    style.top and style.left
    to move it, having previously set its style.position to absolute. Etc.

    The rest you'll have to do on your own, I hope this little helped.

    Regards
    Darko, Nov 10, 2007

    On Nov 10, 8:04 am, Darko <> wrote:
    > On Nov 10, 7:51 am, "" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi All,

    > > I'm, not sure if this is done in Javascript or DHTML. But, I am
    > > looking create one of those frameless windows upon entering a page
    > > that scroll in from the left to the center, usually containing some
    > > type of advertisement.

    > > What is really cool is that normally you can see through the window,
    > > the colors are such that you can see behind it. It also had an 'X' in
    > > the upper right to close it.

    > > Many sites have this, although I cannot seem to find one, probably
    > > because I am looking for it.

    > > Anyhow, can anyone point me to a site that has an example, or perhaps
    > > provide an example? I want this frameless colorful window to scroll
    > > from the left to the center, and upon clicking it, load a different
    > > page.

    > > Thank you

    > Instead of looking for such site, search for the following keywords:
    > * css opacity (standard)
    > * css -moz-opacity (mozilla)
    > * css filter (Internet Explorer)
    >
    > That's for transparency.
    >
    > Also, DHTML is not something separate from JavaScript, but it's
    > an abbreviation for Dynamic HTML, which AFAIK means Javascript + HTML.
    > I haven't heard anyone using the acronym for a long time, though.
    >
    > As for scrolling, you'll need to look upon these words on Google:
    > * setTimeout
    > * css position absolute
    >
    > You make a HTML div move by calling a function that does something
    > like this:
    >
    > window.windowPoz = screen.length;
    >
    > function slideIt()
    > {
    > windowPoz -= 5;
    > object.style.left = windowPoz + "px";
    > setTimeout( "slideIt()", 100 );
    >
    > }
    >
    > It's just a draft, to point how it's done, not a complete script. It's
    > just to
    > show you the ways of doing it (set initial position, use element's
    > style.top and style.left
    > to move it, having previously set its style.position to absolute. Etc.
    >
    > The rest you'll have to do on your own, I hope this little helped.
    >
    > Regards- Hide quoted text -

    Much thanks for your help Darko.......
    , Nov 10, 2007