A bit of menu help please?

art

Hi All,

I'm, not sure if this is done in Javascript or DHTML. But, I am
looking create one of those frameless windows upon entering a page
that scroll in from the left to the center, usually containing some
type of advertisement.

What is really cool is that normally you can see through the window,
the colors are such that you can see behind it. It also had an 'X' in
the upper right to close it.

Many sites have this, although I cannot seem to find one, probably
because I am looking for it.

Anyhow, can anyone point me to a site that has an example, or perhaps
provide an example? I want this frameless colorful window to scroll
from the left to the center, and upon clicking it, load a different
page.

Thank you

Darko

Hi All,

I'm, not sure if this is done in Javascript or DHTML. But, I am
looking create one of those frameless windows upon entering a page
that scroll in from the left to the center, usually containing some
type of advertisement.

What is really cool is that normally you can see through the window,
the colors are such that you can see behind it. It also had an 'X' in
the upper right to close it.

Many sites have this, although I cannot seem to find one, probably
because I am looking for it.

Anyhow, can anyone point me to a site that has an example, or perhaps
provide an example? I want this frameless colorful window to scroll
from the left to the center, and upon clicking it, load a different
page.

Thank you

Instead of looking for such site, search for the following keywords:
* css opacity (standard)
* css -moz-opacity (mozilla)
* css filter (Internet Explorer)

That's for transparency.

Also, DHTML is not something separate from JavaScript, but it's
an abbreviation for Dynamic HTML, which AFAIK means Javascript + HTML.
I haven't heard anyone using the acronym for a long time, though.

As for scrolling, you'll need to look upon these words on Google:
* setTimeout
* css position absolute

You make a HTML div move by calling a function that does something
like this:

window.windowPoz = screen.length;

function slideIt()
{
windowPoz -= 5;
object.style.left = windowPoz + "px";
setTimeout( "slideIt()", 100 );
}

It's just a draft, to point how it's done, not a complete script. It's
just to
show you the ways of doing it (set initial position, use element's
style.top and style.left
to move it, having previously set its style.position to absolute. Etc.

The rest you'll have to do on your own, I hope this little helped.

Regards

art

[...]

Regards- Hide quoted text -

Much thanks for your help Darko.......