A button that only works on second click - why?

WISEMANOFNARNIA

I have an asp.net page that reads from a database and fills some form
fields. Then, if the user hit "cancel", a response.redirect to
another page is executed. I find that I have to click the cancel
button twice before the redirect happens.
I used the debugger, and found that the 'cancel' code is not even
executed on the first click, only on the second.
If anyone has ideas, please let me know.
-- Marvin

densial

I have an asp.net page that reads from a database and fills some form
fields. Then, if the user hit "cancel", a response.redirect to
another page is executed. I find that I have to click the cancel
button twice before the redirect happens.
I used the debugger, and found that the 'cancel' code is not even
executed on the first click, only on the second.
If anyone has ideas, please let me know.
-- Marvin

are they dynamically created? make sure they have an ID.

WISEMANOFNARNIA

are they dynamically created? make sure they have an ID.

My problem was that I set a variable called "ID" to a value in a
procedure. I'm not sure whether I declared ID, more likely I didn't.
Microsoft must use "ID" for something. When I renamed "ID" to
"IDofTable", my pointer problem went away, and the cancel button
started working.