A cautionary tale...

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Simon Mullis, Sep 28, 2007.

  1. Simon Mullis

    Simon Mullis Guest

    Hi All,

    I've been on this list since 2005 and have always wondered why none of
    my (few) post have had responses. Were the questions I was asking
    really that misguided / boring / obvious?

    As I've got more and more familiar with Ruby I've also posted
    solutions and comments to already present threads (again never with
    any response, reference or comment).

    I've just realised that a combination of changing my "from:" in gmail
    to be the same as my "reply-to:" a long while ago and some degree of
    overactivity of the gmail spam filters means that none of my posts
    have ever made it to the list and I've never seen the response from
    ruby-talk-admin saying that I'm not subscribed...

    I am _officially_ an arse... haha!

    So, expect a couple of posts from me today...

    :)

    Cheers

    SM

    --
    Simon Mullis
    _________________
    Simon Mullis, Sep 28, 2007

  2. Simon Mullis

    Guest

    > So, expect a couple of posts from me today...
    >
    > :)

    pong.

    :) Well, good work for discovering you were in a singularity, and
    climbing out.
    , Sep 28, 2007

  3. Simon Mullis

    Robert Dober Guest

    On 9/28/07, <> wrote:

    > > So, expect a couple of posts from me today...
    > >
    > > :)

    > pong.
    >
    > :) Well, good work for discovering you were in a singularity, and
    > climbing out.

    Like Beverly did from a shrinking universe, remember that one?

    Anyway

    welcome to the list :)

    Robert
    --
    what do I think about Ruby?
    http://ruby-smalltalk.blogspot.com/
    Robert Dober, Sep 28, 2007
  4. Robert Dober wrote:
    > Like Beverly did from a shrinking universe, remember that one?

    "Computer, describe the nature of the universe."

    "The universe is a spheroid mass approximately 1200km in diameter."
    Daniel Lucraft, Sep 28, 2007

    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/universe/howbig.html
    Reid Thompson, Sep 28, 2007
  6. Simon Mullis

    Robert Dober Guest

    On 9/28/07, Reid Thompson <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 03:28 +0900, Daniel Lucraft wrote:
    > > Robert Dober wrote:
    > > > Like Beverly did from a shrinking universe, remember that one?
    > > >

    > > "Computer, describe the nature of the universe."
    > >
    > > "The universe is a spheroid mass approximately 1200km in diameter."

    > http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/universe/howbig.html

    Do you believe they know better than the computer equipping the
    enterprise, c'on ;)
    R.

    Robert Dober, Sep 28, 2007