    them?

    Thanks.

    , Mar 4, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I know that some granddaddy-level C++ compiler can compile C++ code
    > into a C intermediate. Apart from that, however, I can not find any
    > modern compiler to do that. And in fact, I think, this factor is very
    > pragmatical for a C programmer to learn Java more effectively.
    >
    > Any one can give me some information on that ? Tools, compilers or
    > other methods applicable are all attractive to me. But where to get
    > them?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Comeau C++ is a very modern C++ compiler that does exactly that.

    http://www.comeaucomputing.com/

    john

    John Harrison, Mar 4, 2007

  3. John Doe Guest

    pravi:
    > Hi,
    > I know that some granddaddy-level C++ compiler can compile C++ code
    > into a C intermediate. Apart from that, however, I can not find any
    > modern compiler to do that. And in fact, I think, this factor is very
    > pragmatical for a C programmer to learn Java more effectively.
    >
    > Any one can give me some information on that ? Tools, compilers or
    > other methods applicable are all attractive to me. But where to get
    > them?

    Well, I don't really know what you mean. But check out
    http://www.comeaucomputing.com/ If you want to program in java, then
    program in java.

    John Doe, Mar 4, 2007
  4. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,

    Please don't multi-post on Usenet.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Mar 4, 2007
  5. Greg Comeau Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I know that some granddaddy-level C++ compiler can compile C++ code
    >into a C intermediate. Apart from that, however, I can not find any
    >modern compiler to do that. And in fact, I think, this factor is very
    >pragmatical for a C programmer to learn Java more effectively.

    Be careful with pragmatics. Also, be careful what you wish for :)

    >Any one can give me some information on that ? Tools, compilers or
    >other methods applicable are all attractive to me. But where to get
    >them?

    Comeau C++ (http://www.comeaucomputing.com ) does, at least as
    an internal phase of translation, so I'm not sure to what extent
    that can be helpful.

    You mention something about Java above, but it's unclear what
    your intention are, so feel free to elaborate, as there may be
    better approach to what you're trying to do that we can offer.
    --
    Greg Comeau / 20 years of Comeauity! Intel Mac Port now in beta!

    Greg Comeau, Mar 4, 2007