A Christmas Present

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", Neredbojias
finally proclaimed:
Just click on the Christmas "package" at top.

Enya? Nice. Cheers back at ya :)

rf

Neredbojias said:
http://www.neredbojias.com/

Just click on the Christmas "package" at top.

Holiday cheers!

Nice, Very Very nice.

Is that Elvin? I can visualise our good white lady Galadrial standing up
there in her tree singing down upon us.

Oh, its Gaelic. I Wonder if Mr Tolkien had Gaelic in mind during his
invention of Elvin. <thinks/> IIRC I think he just might have :)

Good one Neredbojias and I promise to be good for Christmas[1], even though
I don't actually "celebrate" the event myself.

FWIW the 128kbps feed is an order of magnitude better the the 32 one.
Compare 5.1 surround sound with, er, a cassette/video tape :)

[1] I am mellowing :)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Dylan said:
Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", Neredbojias
finally proclaimed:

Enya? Nice. Cheers back at ya :)

Yep. I've always liked her music. Thanks, Neredbojias.

Ed Jay

Neredbojias said:
At the risk of shamelessly promoting my own site, I offer everyone a
Christmas present at:

http://www.neredbojias.com/

Just click on the Christmas "package" at top.

Holiday cheers!

Holiday cheers back at you.

Great site. Great art collection. (You would have loved the Cézanne and
Pissarro exhibition I recently attended.)

Thank you.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Marc quothed:
Very nice too... I never knew you were so talented! :p

Oh, yes. I have many talents (although the helium helps.)

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Dylan Parry quothed:
Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", Neredbojias
finally proclaimed:

Enya? Nice. Cheers back at ya :)

You'll laugh at this - I had no idea who it was... 'Just liked it.
Anyway, happy holidays.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Beauregard T. Shagnasty quothed:
Yep. I've always liked her music. Thanks, Neredbojias.

'Welcome. Mr. Shagnasty (-which for some reason always resounds as
"Shaughnesy" in my mind.)

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, rf quothed:
Nice, Very Very nice.

Glad you like it.
Is that Elvin? I can visualise our good white lady Galadrial standing up
there in her tree singing down upon us.

Oh, its Gaelic. I Wonder if Mr Tolkien had Gaelic in mind during his
invention of Elvin. <thinks/> IIRC I think he just might have :)

Methinks so, too, and considering I've read the trilogy thrice, I'm not
just mything something here.
Good one Neredbojias and I promise to be good for Christmas[1], even though
I don't actually "celebrate" the event myself.

Really? ...And, really? A different culture or something specific
which sets you at odds with the seasonal event?
FWIW the 128kbps feed is an order of magnitude better the the 32 one.
Compare 5.1 surround sound with, er, a cassette/video tape :)

Yep. And recorded in vbr to increase the fidelity to damn-near cd
quality. (Despite what "they" say, 128 kbps constant-bit-rate is
nowhere near cd quality. I've seen the waveforms.)
[1] I am mellowing :)

<Harrumph> 'Bout time.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Ed Jay quothed:
Holiday cheers back at you.

Great site. Great art collection. (You would have loved the Cézanne and
Pissarro exhibition I recently attended.)

Thank you.

....And thank you for the gracious compliments. May your season be
seasoned with joy and laughter.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Disco Octopus quothed:
marvelous.

Great sound. great pictures. great site.

Thanks, DO. I put a lot of work in the site (but wonder where to go
now?) Have a great Christmas (/holiday) and a profitable aught-six.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
beeeeautiful....

Glad you liked it. May you enjoy the holidays as much as you enjoy
whatever it is you enjoy most besides the holidays.

:)

rf

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, rf quothed:

Methinks so, too, and considering I've read the trilogy thrice, I'm not
just mything something here.

I had in mind those close up quiet moments watching Liv Tyler speaking
Elvin through her lisp :)
Good one Neredbojias and I promise to be good for Christmas[1], even though
I don't actually "celebrate" the event myself.

Really? ...And, really? A different culture or something specific
which sets you at odds with the seasonal event?

A serious case of total disinterest in this whole religion bit. If He were
serious about it He would have popped down for a quiet rum&coke at the
local pub to discuss the matter.

Besides, this year I really don't think we'll have time to fit it in. Too
many christmas parties, you know :) And we *really* must get over to
Canada again to audit this years snowfall.

<quiz>
Name the only (AFAIK) "christmas carol" that does _not_ mention the
yuletide, Mr Christ, his dad God, smelly mangers, three men, wizeness
immaterial, stars over Bethleham, Saint Nick, or any other such
'christmassy' stuff.
</quiz>

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", Neredbojias
finally proclaimed:
You'll laugh at this - I had no idea who it was... 'Just liked it.
Anyway, happy holidays.

Heh! Well if you liked that particular track, then you'll probably like
the rest of Enya's stuff. It's all pretty much the same in tone etc, and
most of it is quite relaxing/nice. IIRC she has a whole album of
traditional Christmas songs sang in Gaeilge (Irish Gaelic).