A collapsing panel in a datagrid/gridview

Simon Harvey

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the easiest way to achieve a collapsable panel area
in a datagrid is? Do I need to find a third party panel control or does the
datagrid/gridview somehow support this functionality inherently?

Many thanks to anyone who can advise

Simon

Eliyahu Goldin

Simon,

You can fake it up by having 2 rows in the item template. One is populated
with controls for the collapsed view, and another with the ones for the
expanded view. In ItemDataBound event, make only one row visible at the time
depending on the conditions for expanding/collapsing.

Eliyahu