    applies to an offshoot of Tkinter. I'm not even sure Tkinter is the
    'preferred' gui anymore. Any suggestions?

    Bill

    William Gill, Jun 22, 2005

  2. William Gill

    Kent Johnson Guest

    William Gill wrote:
    > I know a major problem I am having is that I am finding lots of Tkinter
    > information in 'fragments' of various , sometimes conflicting vintages.
    > For example the python reference I was using didn't show the '%%' as an
    > escape sequence, I posted asking how to escape the '%' and after several
    > helpful responses voila I found a more complete table of escape
    > sequences. Is there a comprehensive document or book that I can get
    > that is relatively current?

    Maybe not comprehensive but I think reasonably current:
    http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm
    http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/

    Kent

    Kent Johnson, Jun 22, 2005

  3. William Gill

    William Gill Guest

    Kent Johnson wrote:
    > William Gill wrote:
    >
    >> I know a major problem I am having is that I am finding lots of
    >> Tkinter information in 'fragments' of various , sometimes conflicting
    >> vintages. For example the python reference I was using didn't show
    >> the '%%' as an escape sequence, I posted asking how to escape the '%'
    >> and after several helpful responses voila I found a more complete
    >> table of escape sequences. Is there a comprehensive document or book
    >> that I can get that is relatively current?

    > Maybe not comprehensive but I think reasonably current:
    > http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm
    > http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/
    >
    > Kent

    Yes, these are two of my staples, though I have occasionally slipped
    into 'copies' elsewhere that aren't kept up.

    Thanks,

    Bill

    William Gill, Jun 22, 2005