a "ContactMe" tool for the group

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Brynn, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. Brynn

    Brynn Guest

    I thought since I am building my site a 'Contact Me' page ... I may
    has well include it in my sites scripts (I am doing this with quite a
    few other tools of my site as well).

    It isn't perfect yet, but it is good. Currently you have 2 options for
    the way the message gets to you ... through Persits ASPEmail component
    or just writing the messages (very cleanly) to a text file. ((Which by
    the way, I am going to be also including a way to view and reply to
    messages through a 'contact_admin.asp' backend tool)).

    I like the textfile write myself because it is faster than calling a
    component ... but have the email has it's obvious advantages too.

    Anyway, I have this little thing running at ...

    http://test.coolpier.com/

    It is simply a table ... not a full webpage ... it is about
    width="500" and height="400" ... so you will be able to drop the code
    right into a table cell in your design.

    By the way ... the code looks like this ... I have this one setup for
    textfile message storage ... but I included the code (commented out)
    for using Persits ASPEmail component.

    It is really easy to control the subjects dropdown values as you can
    see. I also included the CSS code ... so you have some control on
    colors, font, text ... so you can make it match your site.

    ALSO ... I have included my JSValidation.js for form validation ... it
    currently checks that everything has a value ... and also that the
    email address is mostly valid ((be patient with me ... I am going to
    be improving MY email validation shortly))
    On top of validation, There is a limiter on the # of messages that can
    be sent daily.

    ***********
    Anyway, I just would like to help out the group as much as I can ...
    so use the tool and send me a message or 2 about what you may like to
    see with it. If good responses ... here or through message tool ... I
    will add code so people can use other popular email components.
    ***********

    table.cp_FormTable {border: 2px solid #339; background-color:
    #ccf;}

    .cp_FormFields, .cp_ConfirmationMessages, .cp_FormTitle,
    cp_FormFieldTitles {font-family: verdana; font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 10pt;}
    .cp_FormFields {border: 1px solid #000; font-weight:
    normal;}
    .cp_FormTitle {font-size: 12pt;}
    .cp_FormFieldTitles {}
    .cp_ConfirmationMessages {font-weight: normal;}

    <%
    Dim cp_ConactMe: Set cp_ConactMe = New cp_ContactMeClass
    With cp_ConactMe
    .cp_MessagesPerDay = 3

    .cp_FormTitle = "Contact Me"

    .cp_AddSubjectOption("Website Comment")
    .cp_AddSubjectOption("Script Comment")
    .cp_AddSubjectOption("Thank you")
    .cp_AddSubjectOption("Would like custom script made.")
    .cp_AddSubjectOption("Other")

    '// *** TEXT FILE MESSAGE ***
    .cp_MessageType = "textfile"
    .cp_TextPath = Server.MapPath("/contact_messages.asp")

    '// *** Persits ASPEmail Component MESSAGE ***
    '.cp_MessageType = "aspemail"
    '.cp_YourSMTPHost = "mail.yourdomain.com"
    '.cp_YourEmailAddress = "bcc,"
    '.cp_WebsiteEmailAddress = ""

    .cp_Start()
    End With
    Set cp_ConactMe = Nothing
    %>
    Brynn
    www.coolpier.com

    I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
    I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
    Test all code before use!

    Brynn, Jan 19, 2004