a couple of questions on Xerces

Jimmy Zhang

Hi, I have got a few of questions on Xerces DOM.

1. Does calling Xerces from JAXP in JDK1.4.2 automatically puts DOM in
deferred node expansion mode??

2. Does DOM's node iterator create nodeset before iterating?? I mean if so,
it would be bad for performance, isn't it?

3. Is the nodeset for XPATH implementation always created to include
everything single node that meets the criteria?? Would it be possible to
iterate thru those nodes without creating the node set?

Thanks
JZ