    1. First off, how do i make a while loop in c++?
    2. Second, what is the most basic way to get input and then assign it to a variable?
    3. How do i know what type of declaration (or whatever its called) to a variable? For example: int, long, float, char, double

    eli m, Mar 4, 2013

  2. On 3/4/2013 6:22 PM, eli m wrote:
    > 1. First off, how do i make a while loop in c++?

    What book on C++ are you reading that doesn't explain that?

    > 2. Second, what is the most basic way to get input and then assign it to a variable?

    cin >> variable

    > 3. How do i know what type of declaration (or whatever its called) to a variable? For example: int, long, float, char, double

    You know when you decide what it's used for. Usually *you* pick the
    type, and not vice versa.

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 4, 2013

  3. eli m

    eli m Guest

    On Monday, March 4, 2013 3:57:37 PM UTC-8, Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > On 3/4/2013 6:22 PM, eli m wrote:
    >
    > > 1. First off, how do i make a while loop in c++?

    > What book on C++ are you reading that doesn't explain that?
    >

    > > 2. Second, what is the most basic way to get input and then assign it to a variable?

    > cin >> variable
    >

    > > 3. How do i know what type of declaration (or whatever its called) to a variable? For example: int, long, float, char, double

    > You know when you decide what it's used for. Usually *you* pick the
    >
    > type, and not vice versa.

    Sorry, for the last one i meant when do i assign a certain decleration to a variable. Likewhen do i use double etc.

    eli m, Mar 5, 2013