A crime against web users

cwdjrxyz

This is the best example of how not to write code that I can recall
seeing. If you go to the W3C validator, it has no Doctype, so it gets
validated as html4.01 transitional with 215 errors. One look at the
code makes you wonder if it was written by someone over 10 years ago.
Then I found a mention of Yahoo Site Builder, so the page may have
been written by a "machine" that makes Microsoft's page builder
programs look ultra modern on comparison. You will have to go to some
social networking sites such as MySpace to find pages as long and
cluttered as this one. And then there is the auto-started music. The
only thing missing seems to be a huge SWF display saying "BUY NOW" in
huge red letters that flash rapidly.

Andy Dingley

It gets better. Much.
More colors, more stuff, and more stuff.
More colors too.

Don't forget the piss-poor photographs of the dresses themselves.

I know someone with a similar shop and, not having any web design
skills, for some time their only "page" was a single image of their
shop, with one dress, and a card alongside it with the shop details.
Technically crude, not really working for search, but at least it
looked halfway decent.

basilisk

It sure beats the N.Y. Times for interesting page design.
If I were in Panama City, Florida I'd sure want to see yvettes before
before well maybe there's nothing else there.

(I like the colors.)
I like the colors as well, just not in those combinations.

Some one needs to help Yvettes, there was no music or blinking.

basilisk

cwdjrxyz

I like the colors as well, just not in those combinations.

Some one needs to help Yvettes, there was no music or blinking.
There was no blinking, but I heard autostarted music on the latest
versions of Firefox, IE8, Opera, and Safari for windows. If you view
the source, you find the code for the music on lines 704-713 as
numbered on the W3C validator. The format for the music fits right in
with the style of the other code - it is a midi that is self started.
There is an ActiveX path for IE and an embed path for other browsers.
I turned off Javascript on Firefox, but this made no difference and
the sound code does not use Javascript. On a slower connection it may
take a while for the music to start playing because the music code is
at the bottom of the page and likely tons of other things above must
load first. It is possible that you do not have a player that will
play a midi, or perhaps you have a browser other than those I
mentioned, and it does not like the sound code.