A DotNet Severe Limitation ?

Dave Brown

I believe I have found a severe limitation of DotNet, with respect to
hosting Windows Form Controls in WebPages.
It appears this is only possible when the web is configured on Port 80. Any
other port and the control will not display.
After a couple of days of searching the newsgroups/various forums I have
found other postings requesting information on this anomaly yet nobody has
found a solution.
What are Microsoft doing with this ? It seems a common situation to run on
alternate ports, being restricted to the default 80 seems ludicrous.

Dave.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Limitation? Yes. Severe? How many people does it impact? I would venture
that while this is limiting, it is only severe to the few trying to do it
right now. In the future, the severity may change. If it is perceived as
large enough, MS will change it.

Most people pushing functionality that requires Windows Forms are not
embedding Windows Forms, like ActiveX, but actually deploying the WIndows
Forms apps. This is the direction MS is pushing with zero deployment.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Dave Brown

Isnt this method zero deployment ?
Having a complex control running from the browser should be the simplest for
people to use, all they need to do is have the framework installed then go
to the website hosting the control.

rgds

Dave