    What are Microsoft doing with this ? It seems a common situation to run on
    alternate ports, being restricted to the default 80 seems ludicrous.

    Dave.

    Dave Brown, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Limitation? Yes. Severe? How many people does it impact? I would venture
    that while this is limiting, it is only severe to the few trying to do it
    right now. In the future, the severity may change. If it is perceived as
    large enough, MS will change it.

    Most people pushing functionality that requires Windows Forms are not
    embedding Windows Forms, like ActiveX, but actually deploying the WIndows
    Forms apps. This is the direction MS is pushing with zero deployment.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    "Dave Brown" <dave.AT.dbws.net> wrote in message
    > I believe I have found a severe limitation of DotNet, with respect to
    > hosting Windows Form Controls in WebPages.
    > It appears this is only possible when the web is configured on Port 80.

    Any

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Feb 11, 2004

  3. Dave Brown

    Dave Brown Guest

    Isnt this method zero deployment ?
    Having a complex control running from the browser should be the simplest for
    people to use, all they need to do is have the framework installed then go
    to the website hosting the control.

    rgds

    Dave

    message news:...