    3) If I declared a package, which contains say, Q=2. In my design I have 2 architectures. In the first one, I assigned 1 to Q. My question is will this changing of Q's value affect the second architecture? If I were to use Q in the second arch, what will the value be??

    4) What is the used of 'generic' in vhdl? I've read somewhere that 'parameter' in verilog does almost the same thing. Can anyone elaborate on this??

    Thank you very much!

    eksk86, Aug 11, 2009

  2. eksk86

    pravin.vhdl

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2009
    Messages:
    11
    generic

    what is generic in vhdl

    hii ....... frnd gereric is a paramiterised variable used to assin width of different vector ..whose value should be initialised during declaration inorder to synthesize it..

    Thank you very much![/QUOTE]

    pravin.vhdl, Aug 14, 2009

  3. eksk86

    pravin.vhdl

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2009
    Messages:
    11
    how we write vhdl in shorter way in case of dsp applications

    hello frnds please any body suggest me to how to write vhdl codes for different dsp applications,and for communication blocks like modulators n demodulators..please giv reply any body ......itz urgent for me...........
    advanced thanks to all
    ...frm praveen

    pravin.vhdl, Aug 14, 2009
  4. eksk86