A flash to soften the heart of the hardest html/css hearts?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by dorayme, Aug 14, 2007.

  1. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    dorayme, Aug 14, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. dorayme

    rf Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf
    >
    > Turn on your speakers and enable everything for just one bloody
    > minute or two and give it a go.


    The most compelling argument for there being intelligent life out there is
    that they have _not_ contacted us.

    --
    Richard.
     
    rf, Aug 14, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <pk7wi.20103$>,
    "rf" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf
    > >
    > > Turn on your speakers and enable everything for just one bloody
    > > minute or two and give it a go.

    >
    > The most compelling argument for there being intelligent life out there is
    > that they have _not_ contacted us.


    .... too late, mate!

    --
    dorayme
     
    dorayme, Aug 14, 2007
    #3
  4. dorayme

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Aug 13, 7:54 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf
    >
    > Turn on your speakers and enable everything for just one bloody
    > minute or two and give it a go.


    There are many new ways now to compose a flash movie, so I decided to
    see what they did. I cleared the Opera browser and went to the URL of
    the flash movie and let it completely play. With Opera still online, I
    went to the Opera temporary cache by clicking a button I have put on
    my desktop for that purpose. There was only one file of interest, just
    a swf one which I copied to my computer. After clearing the Opera
    cache and disconnecting Opera, I found that the .swf file is just an
    old fashioned single flash file rather than many flash files linking
    to one another or links to FLV files, as is now common. If you view a
    flash movie on many sites these days you find a small .swf container
    file and one or more FLV video files that contain the actual video
    content that get downloaded to the temporary cache. The size of the
    self-contained .swf file is 1053 KB. It is of rather low resolution,
    as you can see by the photos in it, and this is likely so that it will
    be viewable on slow connections as well as high broadband ones.
     
    cwdjrxyz, Aug 14, 2007
    #4
  5. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:54:03 GMT
    dorayme scribed:

    > http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf
    >
    > Turn on your speakers and enable everything for just one bloody
    > minute or two and give it a go.


    Entertaining, and provided a lot of useful & interesting information for
    school kids. However, being the usual Flash effort, it auto-started.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.
     
    Neredbojias, Aug 14, 2007
    #5
  6. dorayme

    rf Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In article <pk7wi.20103$>,
    > "rf" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >> > http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf
    >> >
    >> > Turn on your speakers and enable everything for just one bloody
    >> > minute or two and give it a go.

    >>
    >> The most compelling argument for there being


    >> ****intelligent****


    >> life out there is
    >> that they have _not_ contacted us.


    > ... too late, mate!


    ;-)

    --
    Richard.
     
    rf, Aug 14, 2007
    #6
  7. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    cwdjrxyz <> wrote:

    > On Aug 13, 7:54 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > > http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf
    > >
    > > Turn on your speakers and enable everything for just one bloody
    > > minute or two and give it a go.

    >
    > There are many new ways now to compose a flash movie, so I decided to
    > see what they did. I cleared the Opera browser and went to the URL of
    > the flash movie and let it completely play. With Opera still online, I
    > went to the Opera temporary cache by clicking a button I have put on
    > my desktop for that purpose. There was only one file of interest, just
    > a swf one which I copied to my computer. After clearing the Opera
    > cache and disconnecting Opera, I found that the .swf file is just an
    > old fashioned single flash file rather than many flash files linking
    > to one another or links to FLV files, as is now common. If you view a
    > flash movie on many sites these days you find a small .swf container
    > file and one or more FLV video files that contain the actual video
    > content that get downloaded to the temporary cache. The size of the
    > self-contained .swf file is 1053 KB. It is of rather low resolution,
    > as you can see by the photos in it, and this is likely so that it will
    > be viewable on slow connections as well as high broadband ones.


    Interesting.

    Actually, I was scratching my head about where Safari might be
    caching it so that I could save it after having played it. Could
    not immediately find it? Easy in Opera it seems.

    I noticed nice big text and when changing the browser window
    size, the text stayed on it. However poor the res, someone knew
    what they were doing when making the animations, there were some
    subtle things. And the song was nicely timed.

    --
    dorayme
     
    dorayme, Aug 14, 2007
    #7
  8. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <Xns998BBF597C342nanopandaneredbojias@198.186.190.161>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > However, being the usual Flash effort, it auto-started.


    Big deal.

    --
    dorayme
     
    dorayme, Aug 14, 2007
    #8
  9. dorayme

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Aug 13, 8:48 pm, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:54:03 GMT
    > dorayme scribed:
    >
    > >http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf

    >
    > > Turn on your speakers and enable everything for just one bloody
    > > minute or two and give it a go.

    >
    > Entertaining, and provided a lot of useful & interesting information for
    > school kids. However, being the usual Flash effort, it auto-started.


    It is just as easy to have a control bar on the flash movie that
    allows it to be turned on and off and to be auto-started or not auto-
    started at first. But I know what you mean. One might not guess that
    flash could be started with a control from viewing most sites that use
    flash to sell things. I have run into several commercial flash videos
    that rapidly flash colored images or text at you. One wonder if some
    of these might not cause a seizure in epileptics. Others expand in
    size greatly if you pass the cursor over them and then obscure part of
    the text. Apparently some ad execs believe in the soft sale, but many
    more seem to believe in the in-your-face hard sale.
     
    cwdjrxyz, Aug 14, 2007
    #9
  10. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <8z8wi.20127$>,
    "rf" <> wrote:

    > >> The most compelling argument for there being

    >
    > >> ****intelligent****

    >
    > >> life out there is
    > >> that they have _not_ contacted us.

    >
    > > ... too late, mate!

    >
    > ;-)


    I was wondering if you could resist... I knew, of course, that
    not everyone would have been able to.

    --
    dorayme
     
    dorayme, Aug 14, 2007
    #10
  11. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:59:34
    GMT cwdjrxyz scribed:

    >> > Turn on your speakers and enable everything for just one bloody
    >> > minute or two and give it a go.

    >>
    >> Entertaining, and provided a lot of useful & interesting information
    >> for school kids. However, being the usual Flash effort, it
    >> auto-started.

    >
    > It is just as easy to have a control bar on the flash movie that
    > allows it to be turned on and off and to be auto-started or not auto-
    > started at first. But I know what you mean. One might not guess that
    > flash could be started with a control from viewing most sites that use
    > flash to sell things. I have run into several commercial flash videos
    > that rapidly flash colored images or text at you. One wonder if some
    > of these might not cause a seizure in epileptics. Others expand in
    > size greatly if you pass the cursor over them and then obscure part of
    > the text. Apparently some ad execs believe in the soft sale, but many
    > more seem to believe in the in-your-face hard sale.


    Yes, Flash _could be_ what it's supposed to be. But there's a deeper
    problem that goes beyond just Flash and involves the philosophy of the
    whole Net in general. I'm not prepared to do a detailed, analytical
    discussion right at the moment, but when the morons and assholes finally
    wake up and realize what page visitors want when they visit a page, e-
    commerce as an enterprise will take at least one quantum leap forward.
    Until then, people have no choice but to put up with the shit sites and
    their restricted content, so the flow is about what you'd expect.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.
     
    Neredbojias, Aug 14, 2007
    #11
  12. Travis Newbury, Aug 15, 2007
    #12
  13. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > On Aug 13, 8:54 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > > http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf
    > > Turn on your speakers and enable everything for just one bloody
    > > minute or two and give it a go.

    >
    > that's two minutes I can never get back....


    I am so so very sorry... Mrs Brown.
    You feel that you have had quite enough.
    You must be feeling very small and insecure.

    --
    dorayme
     
    dorayme, Aug 15, 2007
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Lighter
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    587
  2. Ramon F Herrera
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    362
    Ramon F Herrera
    Oct 2, 2007
  3. Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,221
    Thomas Stanka
    Jan 20, 2008
  4. Helmut Jarausch

    python3 - the hardest hello world ever ?

    Helmut Jarausch, Oct 14, 2008, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    23
    Views:
    863
  5. Laphan
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    142
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP
    Oct 13, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page