A flash to soften the heart of the hardest html/css hearts?

cwdjrxyz

http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf

Turn on your speakers and enable everything for just one bloody
minute or two and give it a go.

There are many new ways now to compose a flash movie, so I decided to
see what they did. I cleared the Opera browser and went to the URL of
the flash movie and let it completely play. With Opera still online, I
went to the Opera temporary cache by clicking a button I have put on
my desktop for that purpose. There was only one file of interest, just
a swf one which I copied to my computer. After clearing the Opera
cache and disconnecting Opera, I found that the .swf file is just an
old fashioned single flash file rather than many flash files linking
to one another or links to FLV files, as is now common. If you view a
flash movie on many sites these days you find a small .swf container
file and one or more FLV video files that contain the actual video
content that get downloaded to the temporary cache. The size of the
self-contained .swf file is 1053 KB. It is of rather low resolution,
as you can see by the photos in it, and this is likely so that it will
be viewable on slow connections as well as high broadband ones.

dorayme

cwdjrxyz said:
[...]

Interesting.

Actually, I was scratching my head about where Safari might be
caching it so that I could save it after having played it. Could
not immediately find it? Easy in Opera it seems.

I noticed nice big text and when changing the browser window
size, the text stayed on it. However poor the res, someone knew
what they were doing when making the animations, there were some
subtle things. And the song was nicely timed.

cwdjrxyz

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:54:03 GMT
dorayme scribed:

Entertaining, and provided a lot of useful & interesting information for
school kids. However, being the usual Flash effort, it auto-started.

It is just as easy to have a control bar on the flash movie that
allows it to be turned on and off and to be auto-started or not auto-
started at first. But I know what you mean. One might not guess that
flash could be started with a control from viewing most sites that use
flash to sell things. I have run into several commercial flash videos
that rapidly flash colored images or text at you. One wonder if some
of these might not cause a seizure in epileptics. Others expand in
size greatly if you pass the cursor over them and then obscure part of
the text. Apparently some ad execs believe in the soft sale, but many
more seem to believe in the in-your-face hard sale.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:59:34
GMT cwdjrxyz scribed:
It is just as easy to have a control bar on the flash movie that
allows it to be turned on and off and to be auto-started or not auto-
started at first. But I know what you mean. One might not guess that
flash could be started with a control from viewing most sites that use
flash to sell things. I have run into several commercial flash videos
that rapidly flash colored images or text at you. One wonder if some
of these might not cause a seizure in epileptics. Others expand in
size greatly if you pass the cursor over them and then obscure part of
the text. Apparently some ad execs believe in the soft sale, but many
more seem to believe in the in-your-face hard sale.

Yes, Flash _could be_ what it's supposed to be. But there's a deeper
problem that goes beyond just Flash and involves the philosophy of the
whole Net in general. I'm not prepared to do a detailed, analytical
discussion right at the moment, but when the morons and assholes finally
wake up and realize what page visitors want when they visit a page, e-
commerce as an enterprise will take at least one quantum leap forward.
Until then, people have no choice but to put up with the shit sites and
their restricted content, so the flow is about what you'd expect.

dorayme

Travis Newbury said:
that's two minutes I can never get back....

I am so so very sorry... Mrs Brown.
You feel that you have had quite enough.
You must be feeling very small and insecure.